Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #31  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Chanlin's Avatar
Chanlin Chanlin is offline
Tech Support Monkey
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 854
Default

Riley - The hotel Lobby

Riley glances at her father sideways and then barks out a full bellied laugh drawing a few odd glances, "Yeah, that it is I suppose." She grins at anyone still staring, but her attention is still fully on the man sitting nearby.

Liam - Talkin' wit' his Mammy

Liam nods and leaves the unspoken name hanging in the air. "Which one of ye sired him?" He asks instead.

  #32  
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Mytical's Avatar
Mytical Mytical is offline
Has had too many jobs
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,175
Default

Lupo

There was no hesitation by Lupo. He got in the ring. "I can never resist a challenge or a fight. I am guessing that comes from you." He sizes up his competition, no basic moves here, that would be an insult to the man. Lupo would only use his best moves, leaving the fundamental things for others. No fakeouts, no one/two jab..leaving all he had on the mat. This was a chance of a lifetime, and he never minded loosing.

Of course the fact that Mars could be asleep, blindfolded, hopping on one foot, using one arm..while wearing chains and still beat Lupo with ease was completely beside the point. Mars didn't fight..he invented fighting. He literally could forget more about fighting then Lupo would ever know..

Kiki

If somebody made these two nervous, Kiki never wanted to meet them. Ever. "So..where do we go from here?"
__________________
Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

  #33  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Jay 2K Winger's Avatar
Jay 2K Winger Jay 2K Winger is offline
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,475
Default

Riley - The hotel Lobby

Her Father nods with a pleased grin. "Good! Then allow Me to give you this." He holds up a hand and lets an iron pendant dangle from his fingers. Small and rectangular, its face bore a stylized Nordic design, looking almost like a serpent coiled around a double-ended hammer. He twirls it by its chain around his finger as He addresses her. "Like all of Our kind, your ultimate goal should be forestalling or outright preventing Ragnarok from taking place, but in the meantime, doing anything you can to foil the Titans' plans should be your primary focus."

He flicks the pendant to her, and smiles. "Oh, and do be sure to win that poker tournament. Wouldn't do for My daughter to lose, eh?" Then He consults a smartphone and sighs. "And now... family calls. Until next time, Riley." With that, someone walks between them, briefly obstructing her view of Him, and then He's gone, as if He'd vanished into thin air.

But she would probably be distracted by the tangible power in the pendant, power which sizzles along her neurons as the focus item attunes itself to her.

Liam - Danu's Glade

Danu nods, pleased to see that he picked up on who She meant. "The Morrígan, who watches over battle, strife, and the dead. He was to be one of our great warriors, to strike terror into the hearts and minds of our enemies. But he became too enamored of the chaos and the death-dealing and the bloodshed, and became corrupted by it. The Morrígan cannot withdraw Her blessing without greatly weakening Her own power, and such a thing would be a devastating blow to Us. Our enemies both far and near would seize upon this weakness and strike fast and hard."

She reaches out and takes his arm, grasping him by the wrist. Though She looks slender and fair, the grip is like steel, and Her eyes take on an ethereal glow. "You are not yet strong enough to be able to challenge him. But there are others who may help you. And to make sure you can grow into your destiny, My son, let Me grant you this."

He would feel power flow into him, sizzling along his neurons, and She would turn his forearm to face up, so he could see knotwork tattooing itself onto his skin, capping on the back of his hand with a design reminiscent of a Celtic cross.

"Listen to the Land, Liam, My son. It shall aid you as long as you protect it."

Lupo - Mars' Gym

The fight that transpired would be one of the most challenging Lupo had ever faced. Mars indeed saw all those best moves coming and either dodged them, or blocked them, or moved with them to hurl Lupo over His shoulder to the mat. He didn't attack, however, just circled him slowly, letting Lupo make all the moves he wants.

Until one maneuver is once again effortlessly evaded, and then Mars strikes with a flurry of quick jabs and then pie-faces him away. "Come on!" Mars shouts. "Don't waste your best moves without knowing your opponent's defenses!" He weaves through another attempt at offense and then hurls Lupo to the mat again. "Don't ever forget the fundamentals. You learn more about your opponent with them than you will just hitting them with your best moves over and over again."

He helps Lupo to his feet, and now goes on the attack himself, but with just the most fundamental of moves. He's taking it easy on Lupo. Lupo knows He's taking it easy on him. But that doesn't make it any easier to stop Him. Lupo spends the first flurry or two getting pummeled, before... he learns. The occasional lucky block becomes more frequent. Then more consistent. Until finally he's not letting his Father get a single shot through his defenses.

Which, of course, is when Mars changes it up. Now He's throwing in more complicated maneuvers which have Lupo scrambling to keep up again. Once more, Lupo is on the defensive, barely able to keep up with the God of War's assault--

--until Lupo ducks under a powerful right cross and comes up with an uppercut right to Mars' jaw. This does drive Mars back a step, and He smiles. "Good. I think you get the idea now."

He flicks His wrist, and the gold chain is back in His hand, offering it out to Lupo.

Kiki - Outside Room 510

"We have to track down the harpy nest nearby," Art replies. "There's always a full-fledged flock. You should stay here at the hotel and keep your eyes open. If MacBride's in town, there's gonna be more Titanspawn around, and they'll be disguised. They'll be up to something, and we need to know what they're planning."

Anna nods. "You're not meant to be a fighter in all of this," she explains. "You're the spy, the scout. Art and I, we're hunters, and other people are warriors. But if you see MacBride, you'll know it, because the man is absolutely terrifying. And if you see him, you should run."
__________________
PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

  #34  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Mytical's Avatar
Mytical Mytical is offline
Has had too many jobs
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,175
Default

Lupo

He takes the item, and grins. "Anytime you are up to show me more, you know how to find me." He wasn't too upset about being beat..it came with the territory, and he had learned a great deal.

Kiki

Kiki just nods. "Believe me, I know I am not a fighter..I will avoid danger, not confront it."
__________________
Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

  #35  
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Chanlin's Avatar
Chanlin Chanlin is offline
Tech Support Monkey
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 854
Default

(OOC: Gonna take a bit of dramatic license with Liam's departure from the glade)

Liam - The "not a park"
Liam stares entranced as the tattoo literally etches itself into his skin. Danu's words echo in his mind and he suddenly finds himself standing in the middle of Cantwell park, which is really less of a park and more of a stand of trees and a playground for kids.

The sudden sharp sound of children laughing and playing snaps him back to reality. He could not remember detouring this far off the road on his way back to the hotel. That fact alone leaves him slightly unsettled at the sway his mother holds over him.

With that thought in mind he continues his walk back to the hotel.

Riley - Still watching TV

Riley stares at the pendant for a moment and then closes her eyes and tries to will it into hammer-space. When that doesn't work she shrugs to herself and slips it around her neck and hides it under her shirt. She then resumes watching TV as if she hadn't just had a conversation with a man who appeared and disappeared from and to nowhere.

  #36  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Jay 2K Winger's Avatar
Jay 2K Winger Jay 2K Winger is offline
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,475
Default

GM NOTES: Dramatic license is good. The GM approves. You are safe. For now.

Lupo - Mars' Gym

When Lupo takes the gold chain, he can feel the power in it sizzle along his neurons and into his very being. Mars smirks, nodding to him, as the overhead lights flicker, as they might do at any rundown city gym, until they go out for a moment before coming back on--

--and Lupo finds himself in the hotel gym. Much smaller than the one he'd just been occupying, with far less equipment, and devoid of any sign of life. In addition, any aches and pains or bruises he might have acquired during his sparring session with his Father are gone.

His cell phone buzzes to indicate a new text message. New rm. set up for you. Talk to the desk. It's from Paul Brighton. A trip to the front desk would get Lupo set up in room 408.

While in the lobby, a voice shouts out, "Hey, there he is! The Wolfman, yeah?" The voice is coming from Lupo's boxing opponent, Mark "The Meat" Cleaver, who is surrounded by a small entourage of his coach, cutman, and a couple of hangers-on. The hangers-on look big and thick (both in size and intelligence), wearing some bling. Cleaver smirks. "Hey, Loopy, tell me, how fast you want me to knock you out? Want it over quick, or should I give the people a show?"

Typical boastful behavior that Lupo's probably seen dozens of times.

Riley - Also in the lobby

Indeed, the focus items seem to be resistant to 'hammer-space' storage, but given that it can hardly be called a weapon, it's pretty unnecessary to try to store it away. Riley's conversation indeed passed unnoticed by anyone. After her Father had left, one person actually goes as if to sit in her seat-- almost in her lap before apologizing and moving to the next chair over, promptly ignoring Riley as they grab the remote to try to change the channel on the TV.

Riley's odds-calculating abilities seemed to be much stronger. As she looked around the busy evening-time lobby, she could see dozens of potential events unfolding in front of her, before seeming to crystallize into the actual sequence that takes place.

Then she'd probably hear the same outburst from a toned, brash young man toward a man of similar muscle-tone, the latter of which was standing at the front desk, while the former is flanked by a small squadron of an entourage.

Kiki - Outside Room 510

Art nods. "Good. You should go downstairs and finish checking in, if you haven't done so already, and then keep an eye out. There's probably other Titanspawn arriving soon, and we still need to find out what MacBride is doing in Branson. Keep your eyes and ears peeled." He handed her a slip of paper with a phone number on it. "Send any intel you get to that number-- that's Selene Hoffman, our side's IT specialist and organizer of a lot of our intel."

Anna pats her on the shoulder. "And if she hasn't already, she'll send you a one-touch app to your smartphone. Press it and it'll flag you on her systems as being in distress and she'll ring up the nearest person from our side to get you out of there."

And that seems to be that for the time being. By the time Kiki returns to the lobby-- likely after sending the all-clear to her contacts-- she'll arrive just in time to likewise overhear one boxer's prideful boast to another.

Liam - Cantwell Park

Perhaps it's just the fading rush of his new tattoo's power tingling on his neurons, but Liam almost fancies he can hear a sort of whispering on the vague periphery of his perception. Listen to the Land, his Mother had said.
__________________
PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

  #37  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Chanlin's Avatar
Chanlin Chanlin is offline
Tech Support Monkey
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 854
Default

Riley - The Lobby

Riley isn't 100% certain why, but looking on at the man and his hangers on she feels as if there will be trouble. Though it could just be her suddenly heightened awareness of the way things could happen. Either way she gets up out of her seat and backs up to a wall so she can see more of the room.

Liam - Cantwell Park

Liam opens his mouth about to say, Listen How? but suddenly is overcome by something... instinct maybe and kneels placing the palm of his newly tattooed arm down flat on the grass and dirt of the park.

  #38  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 AM
Mytical's Avatar
Mytical Mytical is offline
Has had too many jobs
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,175
Default

Lupo
In a flash Lupo was gone, and "The Wolf" was there. "Hey its the Meat. Don't worry about it, I'll make sure to pay your hospital bill when we get done. It will be the least I can do after humiliating you in the ring." He flashes a big smile. He knows how to put on a show. Though he prefers just to fight, got to give the fans a good smack talk session. "What's wrong? Your grandfather not let you out without a leash? He had to come with you to make sure you didn't get lost?" Indicating the other guys coach. "See he brought his other pups along too." His chin points in the direction of the tough looking guys behind Mark.

Kiki

Kiki thought to herself Men. Still she was a bit on edge about what just happened, and was a bit cautious. She blends into the background, watching. Better make sure nobody here saw me..she takes out her lens and looks around for any of those 'Titanspawns'.
__________________
Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

  #39  
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Jay 2K Winger's Avatar
Jay 2K Winger Jay 2K Winger is offline
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,475
Default

Riley, Lupo, Kiki - The Lobby

The Wolf's return boast gets Cleaver's entourage grumbling, but the other boxer just holds up his hands placatingly, the smirk on his face never fading. Like Lupo, Cleaver understands the need to put on a show, to try to gain just that slightest psychological edge over the other person before even stepping into the ring with him. A few of the mortals around the lobby are turning to watch what's transpiring. Cleaver keeps his cool, but when Lupo starts in on the coach-- who, as Lupo would know is actually Mark Cleaver's uncle-- his smile fades, and when he insults the posse, they all start to square up, clearly ready to throw down.

Kiki would see something through the lens, all right. Cleaver himself looks utterly mundane, nothing significant about him. His entourage, on the other hand... the hangers-on shimmered slightly as she focused on them through her lens, and she would see that their faces looked strange. Their noses were either squashed-looking and flat or bulbous and pronounced, their jaws lumpy and jutting, with what looked like slight tusks protruding from their mouths. As the shimmer of the lens flickered and faded (she's still getting the hang of using it), she would see that to the mortals around the lobby, the tusks aren't visible, instead just the blinged-out grills common to this kind of person. But the most noticeable difference in the hangers-on actual appearance would be the fact that they possessed just a single bulging eye each. Cyclopi, fairly common Titanspawn.

Riley might not be able to see that the hangers-on are Titanspawn, but her recently-boosted odds-calculating power is already paying dividends. Odds are swiftly changing, the likelihood of a brawl starting to become more and more likely, and she can also tell that it will be a lot more destructive than one might expect. More mortals are starting to pay attention as the hangers-on start shouting back at Lupo, while Cleaver, his coach/uncle, and his manager all start working to try to calm them down. It isn't really working...

Liam - Cantwell Park

Liam opens his mouth about to say, Listen How? but suddenly is overcome by something... instinct maybe and kneels placing the palm of his newly tattooed arm down flat on the grass and dirt of the park.[/QUOTE]

When Liam places his hand on the ground like that, it's as though his awareness spreads out in a pulse around him. He can feel most of the beings in the park, both the mortals and... other things. Spirits of the trees and plants, the slumbering old spirits of the earth, even the rocks and insects. He feels a thrumming in his arm, and then a deep throb in his very core, which he comes to realize is literally the heartbeat of the World. Slow and ancient.

Then his attention is caught by a little voice down by his shoe. "Oi, bigjob, yer main be th' Mammy Queen's loon! Braw av ye tae finally notice us!" A glance would reveal a small group of little people, none bigger than his finger, rangy of build for the most part. Their skin is brown and hair green, and they wear approximations of kilts, full on kit, of woven grass. That accent of theirs seems to take qualities of most Celtic types, Scots and Irish and Welsh and Manx.

They're fairies, Liam would realize. They may not have wings, but they're of that same world. The littlest ones that tend after the greenlands.

"So, what's de Ma Queen's fella nade from de pixie fowk?" This seems to be from a different one, until a third speaks up: "She was talkin' tae heem abit MacBride!" Which prompts outbursts from the whole little pac:, "T'e Morrígan's Babby!" "The Crowson!" "He's gollier scary langer, in'ee?"

The little one in the front turns an interesting shade of reddish brown as he flushes, then whirls around and shouts: "OI! SHUT IT! AH'M TALKIN' TAE HIM!" The other 'Pictsies' fall silent, looking at the ground, and then the leader turns back to Liam. "Sorry abit 'at, MacQueen, they jist hae naw manners, ye ken. Ah'm in charge o' this lot. Ye kin call me 'Cantwell.' So yer Mammy--"

"T'e Queen!" a pixie pipes up, but is instantly shushed by the rest.

"Aye, the Queen," Cantwell glowers at the one who spoke up for a moment before turning back to Liam, "Yer Mammy wanted ye tae gonnae-no th' Crowson? We'll fin' heem fur ye!"

"Cannae hide frae th' pixie fowk!" one of the others declared, to general cheers.

GM NOTES

Yes, I'm blatantly ripping off the Nac Mac Feegle, after a fashion, with the 'Pictsies' of Cantwell Park.
__________________
PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

  #40  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Mytical's Avatar
Mytical Mytical is offline
Has had too many jobs
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,175
Default

Lupo

Mike smiled inwardly, he tasted blood in the water. He was inside the guys head now. "What? You going to give these folks a free show, when you can be paid instead?" Part of him WANTED there to be trouble, and was itching for a fight. The saner part knew that four on one would be a bit much..even for him.

Kiki

The hair on the back of her head was standing up. This was not going to go good. Couldn't that idiot tell he was pushing the other guys buttons? Men she thought as she got ready to bolt if there was a fight.
__________________
Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.