Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siobhan observes all the new people coming in while eating some of the food brought in. She stays quiet letting her empathy tell her what she needs to know. But after a while the onslaught of emotions makes her feel a bit ill.
    'This is why I hated the first day of classes so much.' thought Siobhan while she rummaged through her bag for the anti anxiety pills that were the only thing that helped.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Dreamstalker
      "Yeah, I never really get used to it, myself. I'm pretty sure there's no gravity in transit." She's lead in to the meeting room where the rest are.

Main Group
      Black nods to the new arrivals. "Some stragglers, I see. I'd pretend to be very upset about the lateness and threaten punishments, but half the room doesn't actually work for us yet, and the other half knows me too well. And I'm sure Browning and Winchester have been letting all you newbies in on that one, too."

He addresses the main group again with a sigh. "Of course, none of you are going to let me have much fun with this, are you? But yes, there are things out there which are little more than oddities. Harmless little things that only carry a risk of upsetting someone's daily routine. Then there are the hobgoblins, vampires, and shades. The dread iota and the zombies. And I'd tell you to pray you never have to face a celestial, but that seems rather incongruous, doesn't it?" He grins at that. "We're here for both, because it's felt that it would be best for the average person to have as little interaction with our business as possible. But yes, the primary reason is to keep a handle on the really nasty ones."

And for our various empaths and analysts: Black's emotional state is basically arrogance and amusement wrapped around a Cheshire-cat sense of humor. More or less constantly. Whereas a profile reading more gives the impression of someone who's never entirely honest, never entirely serious, and always planning something. In neither case would anyone trust him further than they could throw him.

(Anyone remember that "You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest, but you never know when an honest man will do something incredibly stupid" bit from Pirates of the Caribbean? That's Black's personality in a nutshell.)
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Doyle being himself chooses to ignore most of what was just said and cut right to the heart of the matter. "Say we do come ta work fer ya. What's in it fer us?"

Comment

Joey watched Mr. Black carefully. If the situation had been reversed, the BAU would have been having a field day analyzing this guy, then looking for anything to nail his ass to the wall. Their reasons might have varied: because anyone that untrustworthy deserved to be nailed for something, to deflate the obvious ego the man had, or to stop whatever scheme he had cooking in his brain.

In short, Joey knew the man was untrustworthy, but... well, consider what he had learned in just the last few hours. All of the vague suspicions he had had about the world, the things he had convinced himself were the result of the stress of hiding his talent and/or lack of sleep... they were all apparently true.

If this 'FEND' group had charged themselves with protecting the 'normals' from the dangerous stuff out there, well, that was good. And Joey had joined the FBI for two reasons: to make some use of his talent, and to protect people from the 'monsters.'

At the time, he'd told himself that monsters walked the world, and looked just like everybody else. Now he knew that while this was true, that didn't mean there weren't actual monsters out there.

Any empaths or people 'reading' him would pick up a sense of relief, but also wariness. Joey was someone who was usually guarded with what he showed, the result of years of hiding his ability from people.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "do we get to carry guns?"

Sarah grins just slightly, not looking at Agent Black but a point just over his head though anyone not paying attentionwould think she was looking right at you.

"so welcome to orentation....and you have us all here, so now what?"

she leans back in her seat putting her feet up on the table crossing her legs at the ankle.

empaths: considering she is little more then a child she shows very little emotion, her mind is well organized, though just a faint hint of annoyance in general would be coming through. Anyone might thinks shes emotionless and cold and closed off.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Terry finds a chair, somewhat away from the main group; Maya whines and glances around restlessly for a moment before settling down at her feet.

She glances around quickly, pauses upon seeing something around the man at the front, but she's not sure what it is. Doesn't seem particularly good or bad. Eh, new situation, I'll probably be picking up a lot of odd shit before I figure out what's what. She does get a hint of arrogance, and arrogant people tend to annoy her. Should I tell him what I actually do?

Maya picks up her head and inclines it toward a girl rummaging through a backpack; Terry looks up, tried to catch her eye and smiles a polite "hello". The dog usually didn't try to get her attention with someone unless she knew the person was 'good, but a few of the assembled people didn't quite look comfortable yet and she didn't want to randomly go up to someone.

She does comment on Sarah's comment about guns: "Do you guys use physical bullets or energy weapons?" then wonders if she really should have asked. "Sorry. Random curiosity."
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Fred sort of chuckles "While I have some training in the basics of firearms and self defense..I am not a fighter. If we get partners, might want to put me with somebody who is good where I am not."
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Siobhan notices a girl nearby trying to get her attention. Her dog is well behaved and seems interested in Siobhan.
                  She quietly says 'Hello. What's your dogs name?'
                  Siobhan pauses at the girl's question about energy weapons.

Comment

• Black shakes his head. "No, there aren't any energy weapons. That's something we're working on, hoping to find a way to take down the ones immune to standard weaponry. If any of you happen to have any ideas on the matter, I'm sure research would love to hear them. We do, however, make use of specialized ammunition. Which brings me to the first point in what we're doing here today." The table surface in front of each person is suddenly lit by a touch-screen interface. "Welcome to why we do these things at Seven. It's not for the beautiful Missouri scenery, it's because someone managed to beg for the budget for these neat new smart meeting rooms."

Winchester speaks up. "Isn't it more about a centralized location?"

"You tell that to Division Eleven. I doubt Melbourne finds this centralized. But hey, back onto the actual topic. You're each being given the opportunity to access our database. Those who do are considered to have accepted our employment offer, and we'll be sorting out partner arrangements shortly. Those who don't, we'll be taking care of you as well. You just don't get to find out all the neat parts." He pauses to let them consider the option. "Oh, and feel free to insert your Alice in Wonderland or Keanu Reeves movie reference of choice here."

Those who accept the offer find themselves given access to a database of protocols, tools, locations, and threats. Though a few reluctant recruits (they know who they are) find theirs going to the database automatically after a few seconds of inaction, and are greeted by a message from Black informing them that he's taken the liberty of making the decision for them, and arrangements will be made.

(And there will be much more to the in-character database than what I've already written up on my site.)
                    Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM. Reason: Noticed an error from a while ago.
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• There's a slightly hopeful look from Loren at the idea of being given a choice. Only to be followed by a groaned, "Oh God" as she lays her head on the table.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sarah flicks her eyes through the database absolutely enthralled absorbing the information like a sponge. Then glances up at black.

"so...you got me hook line and sinker...when can I start?"
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "I'm Terry, and this is Maya." At hearing her name, the dog looks up with an almost human grin. "So, I take it you were plucked from the middle of something too? You looked a bit confused."
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• 'Confused? Not really. Overwhelmed? Yeah. I'm an empath and this kind of situation just makes me ill. Too many people with too many emotions.' replies Siobhan.
                            'May I pet Maya? Oh and my name is Siobhan.'
                            Siobhan then takes a look at the database. She finds it fascinating and gets a bit excited.

Comment

Joey raised his eyebrows as he looked at the table and the touch interface. "...now I want to know where you lot get your funding," he said, voice dripping with envy. "We don't have anything close to this back at the B--" he considered the audience, not all of whom knew his background, and amended this to "--back where I work."

He laid his hands on the table, pointedly not on the touch interface, staring at it. If he accessed the database, he was in. Period. Goodbye FBI, hello 'FEND.' Whatever they were. If he didn't... blue pill time, and he goes back to hiding his talent and he'd end up with an ulcer by the time he was 30, and unable to forget what he'd seen, the knowledge that mankind truly was Not Alone...

If he left, he'd go back to dealing with the monsters that shared the same DNA as humanity, but the real threats... the things that really did go bump in the night... would be outside the purview of his job.

If he left...

Joey Monfries, late of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Behavioral Analysis Unit, took a deep breath, then began to access the database literally at his fingertips.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Doyle looks around to see how many of the others are looking at their screen and accessing the database before sighing and starting to go through his own. "Oi suppose dis means we're goin' ta have ta move?" He asks offhandedly still looking down at his screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X