Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm totally crying now and I want him. Come to think of it, do you think a hammie would be a good pet for an apartment dweller who is at home often? How much does food and bedding average out for you per month? I'm thinking I could do around $15 a month. I did have a guinea pig when I was 7 and loved him. I don't remember much about taking care of him--Mom, of course, did most of it--but I know bedding has to be changed fairly often.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

awww, if I didnt have 2 dogs and a rabbit, I'd so get a hamster or gerbal or ferret. So cute.

Comment

How cute! Quite the climber, too, hehe.

Comment

SQUEEEE! So glad he has a home where he's loved.

Hammies make great apartment pets. They're cheap. We use fancy-schmancy hypo-allergenic bedding which is a little pricey, but I've had small animals in the past that were sensitive to pine shavings, and I've become a bit paranoid. Regular shavings run very cheap, though.

Our little Hot Rod loves to climb. He has a little loft area in his cage, which he will climb up the side of the cage to, walk down the ramp, then climb the hard way back up again. He also loves his wheel, and we let him run around in his plastic ball as well. He likes to chase the dog when he's in the ball. (My dog has a serious ball phobia...doesn't matter if it's a golf ball or a big exercise ball, he's terrified! So the hammy gets a bit of a power trip when he's in the ball. )
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

LOL @ the hammie chasin' the dog! I do have tons of shredded paper. And I could get a discount on food at work. Maybe I will go visit the rodents at the pet store soon.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              (My dog has a serious ball phobia...doesn't matter if it's a golf ball or a big exercise ball, he's terrified! So the hammy gets a bit of a power trip when he's in the ball. )
              I am now wondering if this will ever be on Youtube
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Awww he looks adorable and it sounds as though he very friendly. Why anyone would dump him especially like that, I'll never understand. Glad to hear he is with someone who cares for him.

Comment

He's such a cute little ball of fluff and looks like he has plenty of energy!

I've had Dwarf Hamsters myself. Had them in an apartment in a 10 gallon tank, great small pets, males can live together, fun to watch.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm glad he has a safe home.

Comment

Working...
                    X