This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady
    I'm happy you get to see your kids! They need both parents.
    Agreed. So much.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Kara, I am so happy for you!
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Congrats Kara! I know it's been weighing on your mind, and I'm glad it's over and you can move forward with your kids.
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I looked at pictures of the kids and cried this morning. Happy tears. It's so wonderful this is really going to happen now
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

That's excellent! Now if only your ex would just grow up! When is she going to realize this is not all about HER? ARrghghhh!

Well anyway you're going to see your kids! YAY!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congrats! I saw the post on FB, but couldn't get over here until tonight. Sounds like you did yourself proud in the midst of all that interrogation.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

That's wonderful Kara! So happy for you!

My brother's ex tried to pull the same kind of thing (though not as bad as your ex) For years she tried to get him to drop out of his daughters life, messing the access visits about, changing days and dates, even getting the friends of her new husband to threaten him..

Now his daughter is 18, has her own place very near my brother and sees her mother very rarely. She knows what her mother tried to do and doesn't like her because of it.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Yay, Kara!

May I offer my two cents worth? When the time comes for the court to issue the visitation order, do not let them use a phrase such as "liberal visitation". Insist that the court set down the visitation schedule in writing. Courts are usually so far behind in the docket that they do not want to take the time to do this. However, anything unspecific gives your ex too much wiggle room to eff with you.

Also, please insist that the judge explain to ex (in much the same manner as he shut down SNH) that she violates this court order at her peril. The judge may have told her to open her heart and mind, but based on what we've heard about her, I don't think she is going to.

Finally, if she starts to mess with your visitation, and I think she will, then document, document, document! And get thee back to court.

Good luck!
                  Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Kara, that's great to hear.
                    "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Everything will come together in your favor, Kara. Good people deserve good things.

Did I ever mention how proud I am of you? You have the courage, the strength, the tenacity, that is more than admirable. You're an inspiration.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That's wonderful news, Kara.

Time to celebrate!!! :
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                          When the time comes for the court to issue the visitation order, do not let them use a phrase such as "liberal visitation". Insist that the court set down the visitation schedule in writing. Courts are usually so far behind in the docket that they do not want to take the time to do this. However, anything unspecific gives your ex too much wiggle room to eff with you.

Also, please insist that the judge explain to ex (in much the same manner as he shut down SNH) that she violates this court order at her peril. The judge may have told her to open her heart and mind, but based on what we've heard about her, I don't think she is going to.

Finally, if she starts to mess with your visitation, and I think she will, then document, document, document! And get thee back to court.

Good luck!
                          This. So this. I've heard horror stories about parents who violate visitation orders.

But I'm very pleased for you, and hopeful for your reunion with your children.

Best wishes!
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

wow, just wow.

It really sounds like things keep turning around for you and it makes me ridiculously happy that you will finally be able to be part of your kids' lives again.

On a curiosity note:
                            What are "supervised visits", or more accurately, who supervises them? Is it supposed to be a neutral 3rd party (psychologist/representative of the courts?), or is it your ex (I shudder to think of that)?

Any way, I yet again want to wish you all the best of luck for both you and your kids!

Comment

Working...
                            X