This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thoughts/prayers for my sister please

I haven't posted about this because I had thoughts that hopefully, she'd beat this. My sister, just shy of her 29th birthday, is in her final stages. She has been battling brain cancer for more than 4 years. We thought she had this beat; even her oncologist thought so. Last Fall, she had a return of symptoms and further testing revealed that she had new tumors growing and growing fast. This time it was different type of tumor and because of where it was, it was considered non-operable. She has progressively gotten worse and my brother in law called last night to let me know she was being taken by ambulance to the hospital to their hospice unit. At this time, she is being made comfortable, as much as can be. Apparently, this particular type of cancer can and does cause an extreme amount of pain near the end.

I ask that any of you that pray, please do so. If you aren't the praying sort, just send your positive thoughts. Stacey has battled so much in her short life. She and a her twin were born premature and Stacey was very sick for a very long time. She had to endure multiple surgeries as a newborn. But she was a survivor! She hung in there! She has a wonderful husband who has been beside her every step of the way and a beautiful, little boy, Alex.

I just pray she doesn't suffer any more than she already has. We know the end is near, we just hope that it is an easy one for her.

Will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

You and your family have my deepest sympathies.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm hoping as hard as I can .

Comment

You're in my thoughts and prayers as well.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

*prayers and hugs*
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

<big hugs> I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family right now.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

My Thoughts are with you.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Cancer sucks. May she be in no pain.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Thanks, guys/gals. I did get to visit with her today, somewhat. I'm still totally in shock at how rapid her decline has been. Just last Wednesday, our cousin was able to take her and her young son to the Louisville Zoo. She was quiet during the trip, but tolerated it well. Today, she barely was able to keep her eyes open. She could hear us and tried to respond. But words are very difficult now. She is completely paralyzed on her left side so only half of her mouth would even attempt to work. Out of the blue, she raised her right hand and started signing! It was very difficult for us to figure out, but our cousin that is closest to her knew and was able to interpret for us after we figured out what she was doing. She signed, "I'm ok." We did have a Hosparus nurse counselor come in, too, to talk with my brother in law, my nephew and b-i-l's parents. The parents have been a big help in caring for Alex so they needed to be there. Bless his little heart. The counselor was going to try to explain to him what was happening and try to help him understand. Little fella decided to TELL HER what was going on. And was pretty much on target. Kids see things for what they are and the smaller they are, the less selfish they are about losing a loved one. He "dictated" a letter to his mommy and the last thing he included in his letter was, "Go have fun in Heaven." Stacey seemed so much more at ease once she understood that Alex was ok.

Comment

You have my deepest sympathies. I wish you and your family peace.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm so sorry. And Alex is a precious boy.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*many hugs*
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            I'm so sorry. And Alex is a precious boy.
                            Thanks, Food Lady. He is. I'm struggling with the "whys" of all this. Stacey, she was always such a good, good girl. She always thought of others. A very kind spirit. I don't think I ever heard her say an ugly word about others. So my struggle is why take such a good person? Then I remembered the song yesterday by Randy Travis, Three Wooden Crosses. I got it. It's not what you take with you, it's what you leave behind.

I'm heading back out soon. She's now unresponsive, although that could be from the morphine and ativan they are giving her. Her lungs are filling again and the meds to help that are no longer working. My aunt called just a bit ago to update me and she also said that she felt like her hands and fingers were more blue. Her O2 sats are still in the 80's, but with the lungs filling, we expect that. The hospice nurse indicates that she thinks Stacey can still hear us, but is just unable to respond.

I'm hoping she is just resting through this. Letting go, pain free.

Comment

Heven received a beautiful angel this morning. She is now at peace. Thank you all for your kind words/thoughts/prayers. We prayed for peace/ease for Stacey and that was exactly what she received.

Comment

Working...
                              X