Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howl at the moon (large picture warning - wide and tall, too)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howl at the moon (large picture warning - wide and tall, too)

I was playing with the night picture "feature" on my camera (Sony Cybeshot DSC-HV100X) and took some pictures of the moon. I think this one came out the best.

(I cropped out most of the night sky but this is the "full size" the moon is in the picture)

http://www.edblood.com/imgs/moon2.jpg

Full pic is available here:
    http://www.edblood.com/imgs/moon1.jpg
    Last edited by Dips; 01-11-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: oversize picture changed to link
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

VERY nice D-man. How's it do on stars and such?

Comment

That's gorgeous. Wish I had a camera that good (as well as the know how to use it).
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

That's really amazing! Nice detail.

Comment

*howls* Um sorry... my inner canine wanted out. :P
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

"If I were maybe a wolf or dog..."

Cheryl Wheeler & Patty Larkin - Howl At The Moon
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              VERY nice D-man. How's it do on stars and such?
              I haven't tried them yet and it won't be easy where I am - TONS of light pollution.

Quoth Kittish View Post
              That's gorgeous. Wish I had a camera that good (as well as the know how to use it).
              This is the Sony Cybershot DCS-HX100V - it is $430 on Sony's and Best Buy's site - it's one step below a DSLR (yes, I decided on a two cameras last year - a nice one (like this) and an inexpensive one for times when I don't want an expensive camera - I got the Panasonic DMC-ZS8 for $150).

Last night was the first time I really looked up and learned how to take pictures at night. I think I just hit the tip of the iceberg last night - I'm sure there is so much more I can do with it.

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              *howls* Um sorry... my inner canine wanted out. :P
              No need to apologize.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Aooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Lovely wolf moon....great shot
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Beautiful moon! Can't believe the detail on the craters. Try a shot with clouds in front of it; I bet that would come out awesome. You should sell that as a print.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                  X