This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBC Marketplace: "Canada's Worst Customer Service"

It's probably Geolocked, but CBC's Marketplace started their new season with a goal to find Canada's Worst Customer Service.

I skimmed across the boards, and didn't find any comments on this, so I was wondering who saw it and what people thought of it?

Personally, while I appreciate a lot of what Marketplace does usually, this was one of their badder stories. It had a lot of SC behaviour in it and a lot of face palming moments in it.

My sister is a supervisor at a Crappy Tire out in Alberta, and she was home at my place when we watched this, and she was shouting at the TV most of the time; especially with the guy who was trying to return his used lawn mower.

That all said, from my own experiences, I would have to agree that Zellers does tend to have worst customer service than most stores I visit; and that (and other reasons) make me try to avoid them. I can't wait for them to do the changeover to Target next year and I'm hoping it will lead to a lot of improvements.

I'm not all the way through it yet, but I do take protest when they say people are "too polite" when complaining. They don't seem to understand there's a difference between polite and passive.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I watched it the day it aired.

The major problem I had was about the coffee maker that was passed the return date. 30 days was long enough to figure out it was used and to bring it back. How can the store know the customer is telling to truth when they want their money back after 30 days?

As for the lawn mower story, that's part of the reason why I rarely buy anything from Crappy Tire (excellent name) that's electronic in any way. I feel like a criminal when I have to return something so I just don't bother shopping there. Not worth the hassle.

I did agree with CT, WM and Z having not enough employees on the floor. I'm always happy with customer service from WM when I am able to track someone down. Z and CT are just horrible. Z is the absolute worst.

I can't wait for Target, either. I was literally jumping up and down when I heard the news when it was first announced (Z is killing our shopping center).

Comment

I just finished watching it (so, the US is allowed, just so you know).

My major issue was the coffee maker. 30+ days to put this together and try to return the item? I'm sorry, but that just goes past inexcusable.

For the used lawnmower, that's an iffy one. I could argue in favor of the store taking it back, and I could argue in favor of saying to deal with the manufacturer.

For the rest? The complaints people have? I dunno. While the complaints are, on their surface, valid, the reality is that customer service costs money, and people have to be willing to spend to get it. If they don't, they won't, and that's a point that should have been raised very much in this story (but was ignored).

Good show, though. Thank you.

Comment

I found the woman with her photo book issue annoying. You mean to tell me she only decided to contact Wal-Mart after an month of waiting? And not within the time frame of when the book was supposed to be done? Let alone didn't actually GO to the store instead of just calling. Sorry but I have no sympathy for her just because of this. If this book was that important to her then she should of been more proactive on it instead of waiting for Wal-Mart to kiss her feet.
          New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
          New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

To male it more legitimate they need to examine what the people they surveyed call "rude." As we all know all to often rude = not worshiping the ground they walk on and producing from the back that we don't have or takes some lead time and they need it now.

Comment

Working...
            X