This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    I lean towards creative MP3 players, simply because I like being able to add memory via a mircoSD card, and all of them have an expansion port for microSD, a built-in FM radio, external speaker, and are plug and play with WMP(and I can pull music off my creative onto the computer, and watch the movies I have on it on a regular tv, as I have the video cables), also price
    I loved my creative MuVo to death until it finally died. I used it as a flash-drive quite a bit, which the design made it easy to use as.

I now have a Samsung something-or-other...it's pink and it was inexpensive, and that was all I cared about. It also has a micro SD slot. (the MuVo didn't, but I didn't care about that at the time.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Regarding the iPod touch=there's an 8GB version still around, which was what I was after.

I went through two MuVos-one was actually still in MB at the time while the other one was 1GB. The only other working MP3 player I still own is a Creative Zen Stone, which has its uses as a recording device.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have a sudden urge to respond to all these twits: "Ha, ha, I got an iPad and you didn't!" (Or a car, or a white iPhone, or whatever.) Then tell them that they're losers and lame and all the cool kids have the best gear. You know, just totally play into their fantasy of themselves.

The drawback is that if their parents are stupid enough, increased pressure might yield their desired result, and I don't want to be responsible for that.

Comment

Sad to say, those kids are probably just living up to the way they were raised. Mom and Dad probably go all-out to get them as much stuff as they can. Next Christmas, they should drag the kids down to a homeless shelter to help serve Christmas dinner, or make them help collect toys for kids who are stuck in the hospital. Might give them a little perspective.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who
            I have a sudden urge to respond to all these twits: "Ha, ha, I got an iPad and you didn't!" (Or a car, or a white iPhone, or whatever.) Then tell them that they're losers and lame and all the cool kids have the best gear. You know, just totally play into their fantasy of themselves.

The drawback is that if their parents are stupid enough, increased pressure might yield their desired result, and I don't want to be responsible for that.
            I find (generalizing here) iPhone owners (which I fall under) are usually one of two types: 1) I own an iPhone cause it's the hot must have cool thing! Or 2) I own an iPhone cause I love the technology/it's a cool piece of technology.
            Of course 'iPhone' can be interchanged with a whole lot of other things like Blackberry, Xbox, Wii, etc.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

You know, I'm actuallly the kind of person that would prefer to be serving food at the homeless shelter on Christmas instead of doing the gift thing.

Seems more in the spirit of the holiday to me.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

If one of those brats were my kid, well that would be the last Christmas/Birthday/any present they got. What a bunch of total asses.

I, also, have an iPod. It's a 120gig Classic. I love it. It does EVERYTHING I want it to do. One day at work OCD Girl, in one of her more bitchy moments was giving me shit for having it. Saying I should get a new one. It's too big, etc. I asked why. Because it was old. I, obviously, ignored her.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  I, also, have an iPod. It's a 120gig Classic. I love it. It does EVERYTHING I want it to do. One day at work OCD Girl, in one of her more bitchy moments was giving me shit for having it. Saying I should get a new one. It's too big, etc. I asked why. Because it was old. I, obviously, ignored her.
                  Sounds like what some EW type tried to pull on me when she saw my Samsung Stratosphere with the extended battery. Now yeah I'll admit it does look a little bit of a tank...

... but you know what. It works for my needs. Gets me 4G LTE on Verizon. Had nice speed. Oh and also lets me use nice micro SD cards including my 32GB class 10 one. Oh and it also has a nice QWERTY keyboard which her precious iPhone doesn't have. Once I told her all that she pretty much backed off.
                  New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                  New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                    Sounds like what some EW type tried to pull on me when she saw my Samsung Stratosphere with the extended battery. Now yeah I'll admit it does look a little bit of a tank...

... but you know what. It works for my needs. Gets me 4G LTE on Verizon. Had nice speed. Oh and also lets me use nice micro SD cards including my 32GB class 10 one. Oh and it also has a nice QWERTY keyboard which her precious iPhone doesn't have. Once I told her all that she pretty much backed off.
                    I still have my first generation droid with all of a whopping 3g ... I don't stream videos on my droid, I have my movies loaded into it [metropolis and M. I have a thing for semiobscure german films =)]
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      I still have my first generation droid with all of a whopping 3g ... I don't stream videos on my droid, I have my movies loaded into it [metropolis and M. I have a thing for semiobscure german films =)]
                      The Stratosphere is a pretty good upgrade from the original Droid. Especially since its pretty much being given away for free. Droid 4 is coming out soon which also will be 4G LTE but seeing that its using the same screen as the Bionic makes me glad I went with the Stratosphere. The screen on the Bionic is nasty especially when it comes to certain colors like green which look really off.
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

My favorite were the ones that were pissed they got a car but not a iPad or iPhone. The former are few hundred bucks the other one, depending on model 10K and up.

Comment

Working...
                        X