X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie set for a remake

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l#ixzz1j3xwkFB

as the title says-they are planning on making a remake of Carrie....

with Lindsay Lohan as the main character.

I really do have to wonder how they will go with this one in terms of a remake.

There WAS a 2002 made-for-TV version which was modernized and pretty faithful to the book, but had an insanely bad ending to it.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I don't remember how the movie ended specifically, but the book itself didn't exactly give you warm fuzzies when it got to the end of it.

Lindsey Lohan? hm. They can't do any better than that?

EDIT: I just realized you mentioned the 2002 version and not the old Sissy Spacek version. I have not seen the 2002 version. I don't remember it, anyways.

Comment

Lindsay Lohan, huh? Maybe the work will help her get sober. As for Carrie I'm not really a big fan of the original, and originals are usually better than the remakes, so I probably will not see it.

Comment

My first rule of movie selection is:

Beware of sequels, remakes and parodies.

Wtih rare exceptions, all of the above suck.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          There WAS a 2002 made-for-TV version which was modernized and pretty faithful to the book, but had an insanely bad ending to it.
          I love that version! It was, however, originally planned as a set up to a new TV series which was why they tacked on the ending that they did.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

yeah, they're also saying they want her to play Liz Taylor. She's been tapped for so many movies and none of them have actually come to fruition...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
              I love that version! It was, however, originally planned as a set up to a new TV series which was why they tacked on the ending that they did.
              I think they did a good job "modernising" it, just that the feel of it otherwise seemed odd.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                yeah, they're also saying they want her to play Liz Taylor. ..

I don't want to live on this planet any more . . .

Comment

I won't go and see it; Lindsey Lohan annoys me. She can't act her way out of a paper bag, and surely it's a bit stupid to have someone who has a "popular girl" look play a girl like Carrie? Lindsey would be better off playing the nasty girl who picks on Carrie, surely?
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Lindsey would be better off playing the nasty girl who picks on Carrie, surely?
                    Chris Hargensen? Ohhhh yeah I agree. She has the vain spoilt look down pat.

And if anyone watches the made-for-TV version, they actually do modernize it: in the scene where the teacher slaps Chris for refusing to take part in the detention, her father threatens her with a lawsuit, only to be told that if said lawsuit were to go ahead, they would countersue for all the bullying she had done.

Comment

I find it interesting to watch the remakes even though I groan and ask 'why a remake, whhhyyy?'.

I can't see Lohan as Carrie, but if she wants to try *shrugs* It'll probably ruin it for me, but whatever.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        And if anyone watches the made-for-TV version, they actually do modernize it: in the scene where the teacher slaps Chris for refusing to take part in the detention, her father threatens her with a lawsuit, only to be told that if said lawsuit were to go ahead, they would countersue for all the bullying she had done.
                        That's in the book as well.
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Ahh screw that Carrie does NOT need a remake. It didn't need that 2002 version and it doesn't need one now. It doesn't need to be "modernized" It's a classic leave it the hell alone....
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

We didn't need the 1998-99 sequel with Carrie's long lost little sister, Rachel.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh god, that was goddam awful. O.o
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X