Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they announced this on the radio the other day they said that the reason Holywood is making all these remakes is because the demographic (18-25 yr olds) won't see the originals. Seriously?! That can't be true can it?

That means sometime soon we will see a remake of Jaws and will weep my final tear for humanity.

They were also joking that Linsay Lohan had requested in her contract that the blood dumped on her be vodka dyed red.

Comment

That's the reason for all of these awful remakes?

What's so hard about going to Family Video and going into the "oooold" section and renting the better, original versions?

I want to stab the people who remade Freddy in the head.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The ones I want to stab are the idiots that ok'd the remake of The In-Laws and then proceeded to screw it up.
        Also in the stab in head line are the people who remake foreign movies except they are exactly the same (down to the camera shots) but in English with worse actors. Yes, I'm looking at you crappy remake of La Femme Nikita.

Comment

Apparently, Warner Bros wants to remake Akira.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_%...ve_action_film

They want Zac Efron in the lead role. *dies*
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

From that article:
            "George Takei spoke with The Advocate in April 2011 about the casting rumors at that time, stating that any decision to cast white actors in Akira would offend both Asians and the fans of the original manga or animated film"
            The very next paragraph lists - Helena Bonham Carter and Garret Hedlund (yup, Tron Jr.) in the lead roles.
            I'll be in the corner weeping.

Comment

And then there was the remake of Cheaper By The Dozen.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Speaking of remakes . . .

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                And then there was the remake of Cheaper By The Dozen.
                Most remakes are awful . . .I practically cringe at the mere mention of anything pertaining to a proposed remake of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." over the last few months.

And nobody asked for MY input. . . .
                Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X