This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which the SC's logic escapes me

So I work tech support for a moderately sized ISP and takes from people who are having issues with their service.

So this lady calls in, has all 3 services we offer (phone, tv, and internet) and she is having issues with her TV. Okay, no problem, I get her account information pulled up, and she has been having the same issue on and off for about a week (her DVR quit working, won't let her access any DVR functionality, so watching recorded shows). I try everything I can, and let her know the box is bad probably the hard drive capped out. So instead of being rational and getting it replaced free of charge, she is now going to cancel are services she has with us. The frack?! How does that help!

I guess some people aren't looking for anything logical ... They just want to be "right" -- either that, or she was looking for an excuse to drop the service for whatever reason.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ah yes, the SC rage-quit. Must be a weird life, if you have that reaction if something goes wrong. Car breaks down? Never drive again! Burned dinner? Never cook again!
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I get at least one customer a week who, enraged at some slight (usually they didn't know how to update their Google Play apps or save a contact properly, or missed one phone call), threaten to leave for our competition.

Even after I outline their ETFs, and the cost to start a new account (new devices, activation fees, higher monthly bill, etc.), they still decide to cancel. Good, I say. That's the kind of customer who I don't want in my store every week complaining about how their sister's phone has a brighter display, or that they got poor service for an hour when they were in a basement of a brick house in the middle of a national forest a hundred miles from civilization during a heavy thunderstorm.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
        X