X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipseraderie

(moved from the general folder)

Was just out in the front of the building with other eclipse viewers.

Most people were not able to score glasses; local vendors have been sold out for weeks. But those who did have pairs were happily sharing them and we had a few homemade viewers that were being passed around as well (the most popular one being made from a KK donut box. You could see the eclipse AND smell donuts. Multimedia to the next level!)

Even some customers who walked up were pulled into the little impromptu viewing party. It was nice. Hope y'all had similar experiences

Aww, how sweet! Our crew of 21 was found outside just as it was nearing 1/2 of the eclipse. The transportation people (different company/same office) had 3 pairs of viewing glasses that they happily passed around. A good time was had by all.

Comment

Alas, I was in the mall selling tea at the time ... I'm in an area that didn't have the full eclipse but it would've been nice to see anyway.

I saw a couple of photos on Facebook about somebody's father who used a colander to view the eclipse! IIRC he had a piece of white paper under the colander and what you saw on the paper was a multitude of eclipse images.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

We didn't get the full eclipse here, but I was with my sister's family, who had glasses left over from the Venus Transit of a few years ago. (Why yes, we are a bunch of geeks!) Impressive even so -- especially when we had a crescent that was visibly not a shape that the moon could ever show.

Comment

Photos and Videos from the totality. Mountain, GA at the FoxFire Museum and Heritage Center.

https://goo.gl/photos/taVsDzx7ej1fLEFZA
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I was transiting from Connecticut back to Rochester, and hit totality in one rest area east of Syracuse. I popped on my blue blocker shooting glasses over my standard extra dark prescription sunglasses, grabbed my #6 welders mask out of the back of the truck and enjoyed the 70ish % we had. There were several people sharing out their glasses and there must have been at least 40 or 50 people enjoying the event.

Rob and I plan on seeing if one of the cruise lines is having an eclipse package for the one off Canada in 2024 ... I think that would be a fantastic way to enjoy it =) He was at the credit union today starting a small specialty savings account to save up for it specifically - we are hoping to have around $20K US in time to pay for the vacation =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I was with my sister's family, here in Charlottesville VA -- no totality, but we got a crescent that the moon could never show. Their family has glasses left over from the transit of Venus a few years ago (yeah, geek family).

One of my nephews suggested that after the eclipse, they could go around collecting the glasses on the cheap, and run a concession next time around....

Comment

Drove down to Van Tassel, Wyoming to watch the totality. Completely worth the ~3 hour drive.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                X