This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to work twice on Thanksgiving

and I just found out this morning (my fault). First, I got off 20 minutes late last night due to a last-minute customer. Then I was about to go to bed when my BFF had a crisis, so I stayed up for her. I got to bed at 2:00 am and had to be at work at 8:00 am today. Or so I thought. I went to clock in and it wouldn't let me. I double-checked the schedule and realized I have to be in from 8:00 pm until 4:00 am. Duh. Glad I didn't make Thanksgiving plans. My plan was to sleep all day tomorrow anyway because I have to work 10:00 pm to 11:00 am. So at least I will be rested before work tonight, instead of running 8 hours on 4 hours sleep. But all my baking/laundry/tv plans for tonight are nil. *sigh*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

oy. yeah last year at the store i was in, some people even had split shifts. while most of us had 12 hour shifts, there were some who had two shifts with a few hours between them instead.

our manager acknowledged that it was pretty much a shitty shift schedule, which was why he gave it to himself, rather than shafting any of us with it.

Comment

I despise working split shifts. I would rather work a double than have to leave and come back. Mainly because once I'm home the last thing I want to do is turn around and go back to work.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

ya, that's why my manager shafted himself with it (and the other manager Opie I think). the rest of us had double shifts. Mine was 12.5 hours. oy

Comment

Working...
        X