Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The strange things people have delivered.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strange things people have delivered.

One of the condominiums that my company manages has an onsite office. This time of year, many packages get delivered to the office after UPS or FEDEX attempt delivery to the door. As long as the residents are okay with picking them up during office hours, this tends to be better for them than leaving them outside their doors.

But boy do people order some STRANGE stuff, knowing that it will be sitting in the office for a few days.

Had senior citizens order weights or other gym equipment that they can't possibly carry upstairs, much less assemble or use by themselves.

Someone else ordered enough Kitchenaide mixers to start a bakery. Turned out that's exactly what she was doing. Why not have it delivered there?

Why do sex toys ship in their original box instead of inside another box? "I'm sorry ma'am, but that's not your dildo. Yours is the small one. The big one is for your neighbor".

Time-sensitive things - If your flower arrangement, fresh fish on ice, or live crickets for your carnivorous pet arrive Friday just before closing, they will probably be no good come Monday.

Quoth Raveni View Post
    Time-sensitive things - If your flower arrangement, fresh fish on ice, or live crickets for your carnivorous pet arrive Friday just before closing, they will probably be no good come Monday.
    Ewww.

As for the sex toys---I really do lead a sheltered life. I thought they came in plain wrappers/boxes.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      As for the sex toys---I really do lead a sheltered life. I thought they came in plain wrappers/boxes.
      Having worked for a mail-order sex toy company... The stuff would ship in a plain cardboard box with a return address that included a nondescript company name. If you knew what you'd ordered you'd recognize the name, but if you didn't know what it was, the name wouldn't tell you. Inside the box would be the items in their shelf packaging.

Clearly the resident in Raveni's building is ordering from a company that has no sense of privacy.

Comment

Someone else ordered enough Kitchenaide mixers to start a bakery. Turned out that's exactly what she was doing. Why not have it delivered there?
        unless the apartment IS the bakery? I'm sure it's against the lease but some people still do stuff like that anyway

Comment

What sex toy company doesn't package the toys in plain wrapping? I need to know so I never order from them.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            What sex toy company doesn't package the toys in plain wrapping? I need to know so I never order from them.
            just what are you saying here

Get a lot of these do ya?
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Had senior citizens order weights or other gym equipment that they can't possibly carry upstairs, much less assemble or use by themselves.
              I forgot about this one but... I once ordered my bf a cast iron cauldron. boy o boy the guy who picked that package up on the ship was NOT happy about it. It was only 9 pounds but it was a bit cumbersome.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                just what are you saying here

Get a lot of these do ya?
                Not especially, but I do order one from time to time. Just because I'm a grownup now doesn't mean I don't get to play with toys.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Amazon shipping label on it. Didn't check to see which shoppe sold it.

P.s. another sex toy, a box of shoes, and a book (no idea which one) were delivered today by FedEx.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    I once ordered my bf a cast iron cauldron. boy o boy the guy who picked that package up on the ship was NOT happy about it.
                    That bring back memories. When I had my bicycle shop, I would order chains several times a year. A box of a hundred chains was the most cost effective and would ship in this little innocent cardboard box with a weight of more than thirty kilograms.
                    The drivers was always surprised when the box just stayed first time they tried to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X