Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing Mass Effect 2 and last night I cracked up because I was talking to Captain Bailey in C-Sec, who had to reset your identification so it didn't say you were dead, and he made a comment: "'Spending a year dead' is a popular tax dodge."

Referencing The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, of course, for you Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
      I've been playing Mass Effect 2 and last night I cracked up because I was talking to Captain Bailey in C-Sec, who had to reset your identification so it didn't say you were dead, and he made a comment: "'Spending a year dead' is a popular tax dodge."

Referencing The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, of course, for you Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans.
      I still love the "Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch in space!" lecture from the gunnery sergeant to a couple of C-Sec rookies.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        I still love the "Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a bitch in space!" lecture from the gunnery sergeant to a couple of C-Sec rookies.
        "Once you fire this hunk of metal, it keeps going til it hits something. That can be a ship. Or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you are ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your targets. That is why you wait for the computer to give you a damn firing solution. That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not 'eyeball it'. This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!"

Comment

More Mass Effect 2:

If you're on the Citadel with Garrus and Tali:

Garrus: You ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?
          Tali: No.
          Garrus: Come on, remember how we'd all ask you about your life on the flotilla? It was an opportunity to share!
          Tali: This conversation is over.
          Garrus: Tell me again about your immune system!
          Tali: I have a shotgun.
          Garrus: Maybe we'll talk later.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            See, the Squirrel does not engage in combat. They do not hunt for the lives of men and women, hoping to bring glory to their people. No, the Squirrel simply purchases ATVs...and rides around playing Mexican Polka over their proximity radio. He has thousands of deaths, but has never fired a shot in return, and has 0 kills. Playing music is literally all he does.
            I got looked at very strangely when we went out for Mexican and I cracked up hearing the music and remembering your story.
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
              I got looked at very strangely when we went out for Mexican and I cracked up hearing the music and remembering your story.
              Then my power has grown!!!
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

From Mass Effect 2:

Disobeying suicidal orders.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X