This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    are they ever going to give him a series? for a while i thought they were actually going to do it but i could ahve been wrong...
    The movie was SUPPOSED to be a pilot for an FOX/BBC relaunch of Doctor Who, but due to low ratings and Fan Backlash, the plan was scrapped.

The 8th Doctor DOES have a number of novels, radio dramas and such so he does have "more" stories to him, but they don't exactly lend themselves to us Yanks unless we want to order from Big Fish internationally....

Though until recently we were getting the Doctor Who official magazine from our FLCS. too bad the american one petered out.
    Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
    Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
    Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

o i know about the movie being a pilot and that the series was canexed.

for a while thought i thought they were considering bringing him back for another try. but i guess they're just leavng him in the stories/audiobooks ?

Comment

Third doctor airs Easter Sunday. Showing Spearhead From Space.
        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

The perfect beverage to enjoy while watching the retrospective:

Pour 1 shot vodka into a tall glass
          Fill with orange juice
          Garnish with a "swizzle stick" bearing the likeness of a Sega hedgehog.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Spearhead from Space while not my first choice is a good one. First Doctor Who in colour. regarded of the best "intro" to the new doctor second only to Matt Smith. into to Nestine/Autons which were first villians of the "new era"....

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Just curious, but how were episodes featuring the 2nd Doctor lost?
              They were stored on film and video the BBC purged its archive to allow storage of newer material. It didn't help that Equity, the actor's union, didn't like TV shows being recorded and repeated.

Many episodes were sold for overseas viewing. Fortunately the overseas stations often kept the film/video, which allowed some missing episodes to be recovered. Others have turned up in attics, at car boot sales etc.

There are still over a hundred episodes missing.

More info here:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_...ssing_episodes
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                That having been said, they're doing a release of "The Reign of Terror" with two episodes of Theta Sigma animation. I hope they do very well with it so that they'll continue to restore lost episodes this way.
                I didn't know that. Thank you. That is so cool. I can't wait to see that!

[edit: it is out - I've just ordered it!]
                Last edited by cinema guy; 03-24-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Going off at a slight tangent - I got three Doctor Who first day covers* in the post today. My mum collects first day covers and ordered them for me.

*a fancy envelope with postage stamps on the first day they are released.

Comment

I saw most of the original Dr Who first series on youtube, and have started watching the rest of the ones that netflix has.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Figured I'd post this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8g5BrLm7uQ

It's not an official trailer...fan-made, but damn they made it look like a real one!
                      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                      "What IS fun to fight through?"
                      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

the fourth doctor special is this coming Sunday, but for some reason the on screen guide is not saying which Classic Episode will be shown. GRR

EDIT: Wife found out it is to be "The Pyramids of Mars"
                        Last edited by DaDairyDruid; 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

<bump> 5th doctor special airs this coming Sunday (26 May). not 100% sure which classic episode they are showing, just that it is from 1982.

Comment

Working...
                          X