This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cashless wonder

This past weekend at the hotel was busy with guests attending a big football game in the area. Many hotels sell out and most charge extra. I actually had two rooms to sell and got a call asking about one. I quoted 139.99 (a discount compared to what most were paying) This dude said he would take the room and would be here shortly.

When he does arrive, he is dropped off. As the car speeds away he comes in. I ask for ID and form of payment and he whips out a pile of cash. I inform him of the 100 cash deposit he will get back at checkout and he tells me he only has a certain amount of cash. (He did not even have enough to cover the room and tax - let alone give me the deposit) He has no credit cards. He complains that the expedia website stated rooms would be 99 dollars. I tell him that the website resets after midnight and he is being quoted for sunday night and not Saturday night.

We go around and round and I finally take pity on him and lower the rate to 89 plus tax and keep an extra 40 for a deposit.

I mean, really who gets dropped off with almost no cash. Did his friends not want to make sure he would be ok?
Working...
X