This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Well, on the other end of the spectrum, here's the cutest parking permit COMPLIANCE you'll see this week.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4f&oe=5A7476CF
    Ironically, it's one of the few vehicles you can't capture.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The illegal parker is in a bind
      He parks in the first place he did find
      Arg shows with his truck
      The parker says, "Oh, ..."
      He now walks to the impound lot to get fined.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Well, on the other end of the spectrum, here's the cutest parking permit COMPLIANCE you'll see this week.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4f&oe=5A7476CF
        "No, listen, Pikachu... I don't want to DROWN."

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
          Plus, just because you HAVE the placard, doesn't mean you must use it every time you drive... Use the thing when you need to, and don't when you don't. However, don't expect the nosy parkers to stop asking Why You Have It, OMG, Poor YOU!
          My nephew has a prosthetic leg, and he gets this. He doesn't park in the handicap spaces unless he has to use his wheelchair. Once he was running errands when his leg was undergoing some kind of adjustment and he was using his wheelchair, and someone cut him off at the local post office to park in the last handicap space and didn't have a permit. He parked elsewhere and wheeled over to point this out. The woman he spoke to said,"Oh, she's just buying stamps; she'll be right out." He pointed out that the handicap spaces weren't like those that are labeled "15 minute parking" like in front of the local UPS store, and the woman kept saying, "She'll be right out!" He said he timed it, and by the time he got to the post office door almost 15 minutes had passed, and the aforementioned "she" still hadn't appeared.

(He also says that since he got his prosthetic leg several years ago he's heard himself say things he thought he'd never say, like when he told his toddler son to "come back with my foot!" He also had to ask his wife, "Have you seen my foot?")

Comment

Well, the cold hasn't slowed them down at all.

Good jerb, I have no idea what those dates were originally, let alone what you tried to change them too. Oh, and protip: Red permits went out last month. November's are Orange.... you lose.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28&oe=5A938532

One picture is worth 1,000 Picard facepalms, and I'm not even going to label which is the genuine article for that lot vs. our attempted fake that does a disservice to the word "attempted".

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2b&oe=5A9D88F4
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Well looks like it is a not uncommon thing.
              Two things:
              1. http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...&ICID=ref_fark
              - guy used white out on his plate tag to get a free year
              2. It is a good day when you find that people on reddit come here JUST to look for the Argabarga stories...
              Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
              pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

crono -- There are a couple of subs where you can simply mention "Vinegar Boy" and most of the posters will know exactly which site you're talking about The others who've never heard of VB nor CS, of course, are swiftly and gleefully brought into the fold.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It looks like Pink Pass Person has tried to change it from 11/12/17 to 11/29/17?

Mind you,I would have epically failed as the first time I looked at it I thought-they've altered it to 1/12/17 to give them a couple of extra weeks till the 1st December
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And on the other side of things. I got a warning today because they could not see my parking permit at all...

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...43&oe=5A8F1EAC
                    Last edited by wraiths_crono; 11-16-2017, 07:01 PM. Reason: refusing to load the picture..
                    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I've been guilty of going on auto-pilot before and moving in on a car when the permit isn't where you expect it, but, I usually stop when, well, I get up to it and see it..... sheesh.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
                        2. It is a good day when you find that people on reddit come here JUST to look for the Argabarga stories...
                        <waves...>

Comment

Quoth Penfold View Post
                          <waves...>
                          Welcome! Argabarga's a favorite, but there are lots of other good writers here, so make yourself at home. Plenty of entertaining and at times instructive reading awaits you.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Yikes. D:

On another note, I clicked that link and my adblocker went off to the races...the count of ads blocked was over 400 by the time I called it quits
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Penfold View Post
                              <waves...>
                              Welcome!

Surrender your pants.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                Surrender your pants.
                                Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I do not give up!
                                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X