This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF

UM ... MY CAPSLOCK HAS ... LOCKED. AS YOU SEE. I CANNOT TYPE LOWER-CASE NO MATTER WHAT I DO. ANY SUGGESTIONS?? THINGS WERE NORMAL FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR AND THEN ... THIS.

KEYBOARD IS TOAST, MAYBE ... ?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Syrup seems more likely than toast...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Syrup seems more likely than toast...
      HAR ... HAR ... HAR ...
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Or maybe it violated Rule #1 and snorted some Coke...

Comment

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE AND KICK YOU WITH MY ORTHOPEDIC SHOES ...

I'VE TRIED GOOGLING IT AND I SEE MICROSOFT COMMUNITY HAS SOME SUGGESTIONS ... BUT WHEN I TRY TO SEE THEM, I GET A NOTICE SAYING MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN 'TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED' AND THEY NEED TO SEND A CODE TO MY PHONE ... SAY WHAT? THE WARNING CLAIMS THE PROBLEM IS WITH MY GMAIL ADDRESS, YET I CAN ACCESS THAT ADDRESS NO PROBLEM. SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON THERE EITHER.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

sounds like the 'sticky keys' feature to me. try this:

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/...-keys-3512425/
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

THANK YOU, ERICKEI ... BUT MY COMPUTER IS A MAC MINI. I DON'T THINK IT EVEN HAS THE 'STICKY KEYS' FUNCTION ON IT. WOULD MICROSOFT OFFICE HAVE THAT? I DO HAVE OFFICE FOR MACS INSTALLED.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Have you power cycled it?
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THAT ...
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Complete power off. Not just a reboot.
                    Save the Ales!

Comment

SO ... TURN THE WHOLE MACHINE OFF FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT?

I'LL GIVE IT A TRY.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Maybe a whipping boy computer... put it in the freezer for a few hours, pull it out covered in frost, and tell your bad prince(ss)let: "See what's going to happen to you!"

Comment

I'LL JUST THREATEN THIS ONE WITH THE VACUUM, THANKS.

I JUST PULLED A COUPLE OF KEYS OFF TO SEE IF IT WAS DIRTY ...

HOLY JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT IN A SIDECAR.

PRETTY SURE THERE IS HOSTILE ALIEN LIFE EVOLVING UNDER THOSE KEYS.

I MIGHT JUST GO TO STAPLES TOMORROW AND PICK UP A CHEAP KEYBOARD. I DON'T THINK EVEN A CAN OR TWO OF COMPRESSED AIR IS GOING TO SHIFT THIS MESS, UNLESS I TAKE THE KEYS OFF TWO OR THREE AT A TIME AND BLAST IT. AND THEN I'M NOT SURE IT'LL FIX THE PROBLEM.
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Don't have to leave it off for the night. Just a few seconds.

However, it sound like you found the problem.
                            Save the Ales!

Comment

NO ...I STARTED PULLING THE CRAP OUT, ESPECIALLY AROUND THE CAPSLOCK KEY, AND AS YOU SEE, NOTHING'S CHANGED ... PERHAPS IT HAS DONE SOMETHING PERMANENT ...

I'LL TRY TURNING IT OFF AND LEAVING IT OFF FOR A FEW MINUTES AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X