This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tow Files: Welcome to My Nightmare

Where people think this kind of stuff will work....

BTW: this is the SECOND one of these this guy has tried to put past me.

I told him TO HIS FACE not to do this last time...
    Last edited by Dave1982; 10-05-2017, 11:27 PM. Reason: WIMG tag
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Extra

Can you charge him extra for being a fool, or do standard idiot fees apply?

Comment

*DBL FACEPALM*
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Hahahaha. He's too stupid to live. I see a future Darwin award winner.

Comment

As the more astute of you have probably guessed, that's LAST YEAR'S permit.

The ones from this year aren't even RED, they're GREEN.

The "first" one he tried was a hand-drawn one.

Comment

Must be nice to be so well situated financially that you can play stupid games like this and not mind the consequences ...
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You ever come across one that said: "Parking Purmit"?

Or ones where they just try to make it a permanent permit by putting whiteout over the expiration date?

A buddy of mine thought he was slick by trying the latter in college. Didn't work out too well for him.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                You ever come across one that said: "Parking Purmit"?...
                That'd be for a Cougar.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  You ever come across one that said: "Parking Purmit"?
                  No, but I have had a few where the name of the street/complex was misspelled. It's right in the sign/building, there's no excuse for that.

Or ones where they just try to make it a permanent permit by putting whiteout over the expiration date?
                  All the time, they even try that on blue or green paper too.

A buddy of mine thought he was slick by trying the latter in college. Didn't work out too well for him.
                  He did it on blue paper, didn't he?

Comment

I have a bad hip and hobble around with a cane. However, due to the fact that I refuse to believe that I am really disabled forever, I have a temporary placard.

This isn't the standard blue, it is red with an expire date. It is legal and valid. I don't use it often because I can usually find parking that allows me to fully open my door to get out of my car. It expires every 6 months because I am going to get better and won't need it anymore!

Every single time I use it at work, someone just has to come and ask me why my placard looks fake. (often its the rent-a-cop of the day)

So, do you think that if I copied it with blue paper and hung the fake on my mirror might stop that problem?

(I'm seriously tired of the whole conversation and would like a way to make it stop.)

Comment

Well now we have a visual aid to go with Arga's stories.

JFC...
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've got a bad hip too. Sorry, but you're going to have to get the permanent placard or keep answering foolish questions.

Comment

I want to put in a bet for which will be the first genius in January to realize that 7 goes to 8 very easily and (supposedly undetectably) with a couple of extra lines...
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                            I've got a bad hip too. Sorry, but you're going to have to get the permanent placard or keep answering foolish questions.
                            Plus, just because you HAVE the placard, doesn't mean you must use it every time you drive... Use the thing when you need to, and don't when you don't. However, don't expect the nosy parkers to stop asking Why You Have It, OMG, Poor YOU!

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
                              Plus, just because you HAVE the placard, doesn't mean you must use it every time you drive... Use the thing when you need to, and don't when you don't. However, don't expect the nosy parkers to stop asking Why You Have It, OMG, Poor YOU!
                              Nosy Parkers, I love it!!! Besides the ones who want to have that whole conversation about why my placard is red, I also get the ones who have to ask me on a regular basis why I am parking out in the back of the lot instead of using the disabled places up by the door. I am NOT flipping disabled, I just have trouble getting into or out of my car if I can't open the door all the way. I also don't like to sit down on regular chairs because it hurts so much to stand up.

However, I do have a wonderful co-worker who has my back. When we have meetings or training sessions with out of office lecturers, she always says something to me about moving things around so I can sit down. When I thank her and say that I want to hide in the corner, she says something about how she always forgets that I like to stand.

That stops me from having to have that whole boring conversation with a bigwig stranger in front of everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X