This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teskeria View Post
    Being currently homeless, it is nice to have something I love.
    Well, that's a notch below where I am. What the heck happened?

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    Gravekeeper, I remember something about you working on a book but didn't read anything more after that... has that been shelves or just on the back-burner for a while?
    Shelved. While I still enjoy writing I can't sit at desks for extended periods anymore so its hard to sit and crank out 8 hours of typing like I use to be able too. Plus I'm honestly not too hot on the idea of reliving my career years to compile them into something cognitive.

The stuff that I've told you guys is kind of the tip of the iceberg in a lot of ways. Many calls I couldn't relay because the particulars made it to easy to identify the client. Or identify our security procedures. Or they were really just god damn miserable calls without a shred of mirth to be trawled from them.

I also always made it a point to never rag on coworkers, management or my company directly. Both as a mark of professionalism and because, well, they monitored this. In addition to my NDAs and security stuff we also had to report if we ever talked about the company on social media. I honesty had to file for my posts here so to speak. Never had a problem though as I always stripped everything of all identifiers and tweaked here and there if there was something potentially identifying.

Granted, the company doesn't exist anymore and there was a pretty big chasm between the security we signed on too and the actual security implemented. We had a new hire walk off with like 100 credit card numbers once. Good times. >.>

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Not sure if he has, but we of the mods have combed thru his old threads and C-P'd them into a document on occasion. Mine should be floating around on my system somewhere.

GK, if you have not done the same (or don't plan to), would you mind if we posted a compliation at some point? Your text and maybe some notable comment responses only; not the entire threads including user comments.
    I do have a compilation document here somewhere that someone sent me. I don't remember who, was it you? It's 100 pages long though and only covers about one year of misery. It might blow up the forum. >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      ... It might blow up the forum. >.>
      Long live the Marinus van der Lubbe International Firebombing Society!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A few years back, Cooper made a compilation document for GK's posts over at this thread. There's also one each for Seraph and Argabarga in there.

Reading through it all at once, I think I understand why you have PTSD, GK.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Mine's just a 19-page RTF compliation (had to convert to DOC to upload here) of my personal favorite GK quotes that I slapped together a little over a year ago. No dates, no links, very barebones, but I'll include it in here. The ones in the thread Ghel linked (Thanks! btw ^_^) are much more comprehensive. My doc is more just highlights of the lowlights.
          Attached Files
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            A few years back, Cooper made a compilation document for GK's posts over at this thread. There's also one each for Seraph and Argabarga in there.

Reading through it all at once, I think I understand why you have PTSD, GK.
            2000 pages. ><

I still have all my raw work reports going back to 2010 since my work email was mirrored on my home computer. I've glanced at them a few times but they are unbridled terror in their raw form and I'd have no hope of sorting out what I have and have not posted already.

Short of searching the forum for phrases so absurd it would land me on some kind of watch list anyway.

Comment

Totally off topic, but I love the new avatar Eric
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Hero -- Thanks! Credit goes to the folks at Extra Credits; it's from one of their most recent videos. I wanted to call it "How much is that cartridge in the window?" ...but it wouldn't fit. >_< ---- PS: blatant plug for them: They just launched a new video series about science fiction as a genre, and they started at its literal beginning, with Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Also, if any of you have not checked out their Extra History series, do it. Don't ask questions, just do it!...Just remember, It's Always Walpole.

GK -- According to our search page, your handle is -- by a preposterous amount -- the most-searched-for term on this site, and has been for many years. O_O If you go to Advanced search, you'll see the "search cloud" a the bottom. As for curating, we or some other volunteer will deal with it sooner or later; no worries. Keep in mind, also, that several pages on this site will generally fit into one Word/OpenOffice doc page.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by EricKei; 11-09-2017, 12:01 PM.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I randomly ended back up on here reading, just in time for a new GK post.

Hope you'll recover somewhat, while I don't know about PTSD and the physical stuff... I know that some form of anxieties can be battled.
                  I went from complete shut-in with social anxiety, where I'd have anxiety attacks that made my muscles tighten and I could barely move, or even speak.
                  To be able to drive transport delivering stuff to strangers, even had one delivery from Norway to the Netherlands, felt like a huge step forward, I hope you get to experience something similar somehow.
                  Rawr

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Hero -- Thanks! Credit goes to the folks at Extra Credits
                    Yep, that's how I recognized your avatar. I've been subscribed to their channel for a while now.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• The Lord of the Frozen North, purveyor of the finest pants to the cold wastelands, has returned!

Good to see you again, Gravekeeper. Tracking down and reading your tales kept me sane through some very dark years.

Comment

Working...
                      X