This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry, I can't let you do that

Ok this guy may have been more of an idiot than an sc but here goes. He comes up to my deli wanting a panini. Normally we grill them on our panini grill for a few minutes, then they're nice and hot and melted. The paninis are supposed to be grilled. But we explain this to the customers in case they just want to grill them at home. I told this to the customer and he says "nah, ill just bring it home and put it in the microwave." I respond "I'm sorry i can't let you do that. Let me grill it up for you." Which he agreed to. The point of grilling them is not just to warm them up. Idk what microwaving a sandwich like that would do, but I'm sure it would ruin the product.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you like soggy bread, no crisp crust, and no caramelization on the outside, microwaving is fine...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do..."

Comment

Vent?

Is there an opening so they can vent or is there a good chance they will explode in a microwave?

Comment

Since it's a sandwich, it tends to be open around the sides. Too bad, it might be amusing for an asshat like that to wind up having to clean the inside of his microwave...
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X