This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers who need to go somewhere else

The store was slammed yesterday at a level that suggested our products were going to be outlawed within 48 hours.

So naturally I got these people:

1) Let's remember in the middle of the transaction that I need to reload my points card! (I think I had ONE customer who said before even ordering anything that she needed to reload her card. I should've given her a free small pastry. )

2) I want X sandwich but please toast it twice, and oh, please flip it over halfway through.
    (Yes, I'm sure the dozen people behind you won't mind the additional wait time at all, you Speshul Snowflake you ...)

3) The I-don't-know-what-I-want customer. "Um ... what about ..." (I dunno; it's YOUR bloody order. Pick something already!)

4) The Whisperers and the Mutterers. I swear, they ALL showed up yesterday. (Look, folks, I have rumbling, chattering, dinging machines right behind me. SPEAK THE FUCK UP. Merely requesting this or that drink or this or that pastry does not involve naughty words.)

I'm sure there were more but I can't remember them at the moment. Had the usual idiot wanting to buy $10 worth of stuff with a $50 bill; I was too tired to argue and luckily had enough cash (enough $5 bills for ya, buddy ... ?)

Yesterday I had somebody want to pay for less than $10 worth of stuff with a $100 bill. I told him flat out there was no way I could break that. HAUL YOUR ASS TO THE BANK RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD, YOU TWIT.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Aw the change hawks. I started my day with hundreds and quarters (nothing else, nobody around with safe access) because people think I'm a bank.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      4) The Whisperers and the Mutterers. I swear, they ALL showed up yesterday. (Look, folks, I have rumbling, chattering, dinging machines right behind me. SPEAK THE FUCK UP. Merely requesting this or that drink or this or that pastry does not involve naughty words.)
      Oh, those people drove me nuts when I worked at the fast food place. Look, we've got loud machines with louder alarms back here, and you're on the other side of the counter, whispering like you were divulging CIA secrets! Open your mouth, speak clearly and speak up!!!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm wanting to leave my job for food service again and you're reminding me why that's a baaad idea.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Oh, those people drove me nuts when I worked at the fast food place. Look, we've got loud machines with louder alarms back here, and you're on the other side of the counter, whispering like you were divulging CIA secrets! Open your mouth, speak clearly and speak up!!!
          Some of our library customers do the same thing.....not sure if it's because they have that "it's a library, you're supposed to talk quietly" mentality. And admittedly, I do have some hearing problems, but one of the reference librarians has also noticed customers doing this, so it's not just me.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I'm wanting to leave my job for food service again and you're reminding me why that's a baaad idea.
            Glad to be of service. More than once, I've considered going back to the fabric store. All I have to do is reread my old posts (as well as the other posters who worked for the same chain) to remind myself why that would be a bad idea.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Look, we've got loud machines with louder alarms back here, and you're on the other side of the counter, whispering like you were divulging CIA secrets! Open your mouth, speak clearly and speak up!!!
              Even more fun, is when you have to *work* with someone like that. We once had a guy who would not only mumble, but always spoke very softly. He'd been told many times that nobody could hear him--even if he was standing right next to you. He simply didn't get it that with the TV on (have you ever tried to talk over Cramer on CNBC? That guy tends to get very "enthusiastic" over certain stocks...), the constant ringing phones, the loud ticket printer going, etc. there's no way his voice wouldn't get drowned out.

After he got paired with Amy (who, like me, doesn't mince her words) for a project, she soon got fed up with him. I didn't hear all of what she said, but I did hear the part of "quit mumbling, get the dick out of your mouth, and speak the fuck up. Nobody can hear you, asshole"

Probably not the best reaction, but I can understand her frustration. This is a brokerage. Any misunderstanding because someone can't open their damn mouth can easily cost us thousands of dollars. Do you really want to explain to the boss why we just lost $8K on a trade?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The types who are apparently just too lazy to put out the effort to speak audibly or intelligibly are a bane of call center workers as well.

ETA: had to edit this post to fix a rather apropos typo. "intelligently" would have worked quite well in that sentence too, really.
                Last edited by Seanette; 11-05-2017, 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                X