X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staring into the abyss

Warning, grossness ahead.

This was related to me by one of the managers at one of my stores. FYI, We work for a shoe retailer.

So the poor manager in question was helping a family get fitted for shoes and pick them out. Please note that in her words they were rather "Whiskey Tango". The kids were being bratty, they were eating ice cream and leaving sticky trails all over the store and pulling boxes out of the racks, while the parents are arguing about something. BUT WAIT There's MORE!!!!

She finally gets them calmed down and gets mom to sit with the toddler so she can fit the child for shoes. Now Poor Manager in kneeling while child is standing. Mother is sitting on our benches, Mother is wearing a skirt that could have been mistaken for a belt and she is going commando, Poor manager figures this out because Mother is sitting in a pose that I normally reserve for my GYN.

Poor manager cannot continue and gives them the kids size and runs off. She told me that she remembers the quote about staring into the abyss. I kindly offer Manager a shot of into her frontal lobe and my sympathies.
    Yeah, she's going to have a hard time getting over that one.

EWWWWWW!! OOKY EW!!! That is horrible! I'm glad it wasn't me!
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Someone was channeling her inner Britney Spears, wasn't she?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

omg.. there are so many things in life that i thought were terrible... like walking in on your parents, or walking into the wrong bathroom... but that just overshadows all horrible/uncomfortable situations like godzilla overshadows a japanese man....
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

This brought back a horrible memory from my Wal-Mart days that I thought had been excised from my traumatized neurons. Damn you.

I was working at a register by the mall entrance. It was a weekday where it was pretty common to have groups of special-needs adults come in to do their shopping with their care-takers (there were a lot of group-home/assisted living houses in the area, just to give some relevance). One group was a number of older men, one in a wheelchair. They went through my till, everything was cool. I always liked serving these folks, they were mostly much nicer than the usual sort of people that shopped at THAT Wal-Mart. :P

Wheelchair man gets wheeled just outside into the mall, maybe 10 ft away, and his caretaker comes back to help the rest get their stuff together. Old guy starts complaining that he has to go to the bathroom. Loudly. And gets louder and starts banging his fists on the arms of his chair, throwing a terrific tantrum. The rest of the group just takes a little too long, I guess, because old guy stood up, unzipped, and whipped it out to take a ginormous whizz all over the tile floor of the mall. Man had a bladder the size of a football, I'm pretty sure. And up until that point I'd been under the impression that men, erm, shrunk as they got older (I was a rather sheltered 24-year-old at that point). Apparently that is not always the case.

Oh god, I have to go order some more I can't take having THAT image forever burned into my cerebellum.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

[QUOTE=mharbourgirl;364891]This brought back a horrible memory from my Wal-Mart days that I thought had been excised from my traumatized neurons. Damn you.

There there, have a cookie while I prep the needle for the bleech

Comment

** "I'm sorry ma'am. I don't normally puke on customers. How terribly embarrassing for me. Perhaps you'd like to use our restrooms to clean yourself up. While you're at it, might I suggest any of the clothing stores in our mall so that you might purchase a suitable garment so this won't happen again?"
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

[QUOTE=allegrasparkle;366012]
                Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                This brought back a horrible memory from my Wal-Mart days that I thought had been excised from my traumatized neurons. Damn you.

There there, have a cookie while I prep the needle for the bleech

It's nice to know I have friends.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Holy hell! Forget a shot of , she'll need the bottle!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Or a pallet!

Gyahhh, that is just wroonnnnng!!!!!
                    Although one question....was she a trailer-trash type woman who breeds so she can collect any bonuses? (Sorry, Australian and we have a baby bonus that is given on birth...a lot of people just kept having kids so they could collect it and plenty of people used it to buy plasmas)
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh. My. God. I saw the comic and prayed it wasn't true.... Please, someone pass the *shudder*

Comment

its not the sights that get me its the smells. i hope to the FSM that your manager didnt get a whiff of that free for all shot of nastiness.

Comment

*prepares the brain bleach sprinkler hose*

Everyone line up!

Seriously, how can people do that? People just aren't self conscious anymore. Just like the women who wear the super short miniskirts when they are waaaaaaaaay too heavy. (Not that I think they look good on the skinny chicks). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big girl myself, but I know that a skirt that just covers my rear is NOT daily out of the bedroom wear.
                          "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

I don't get that either.

There's a guy who works the weekend shift who is nearly 400 pounds. His clothes are several sizes too small, more suited for someone my brother's build and size, which is about 230-250 pounds. So small that several inches of his gut hang out over his sweatpants which are also too small, so you can see his front butt and his buttcrack as well.

I really don't have much of an appetite when I have to work with him on Monday nights. I always pray that I get scheduled away from him.

I may come across as overly rude and insensitive to others at times, but for the life of me, I really cannot believe some people leave the house wearing some of the stuff that they do.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The club a friend of mine worked used to run teen discos, and one day he told me about why one of the doorstaff refused to work there again.
                              Theres the usueal hassle they have of confiscating drunk and gigs off the kids during the night (and passing the goods out after work obviously).
                              Anyway this one night there's this thirteen year old girl dancing at one of the poles... Poor guy nearly ended up in therapy when she squat down.
                              Campaign for Xmas workplace sanity

If you start off with the premise that the general public are stupid and work up from there you will be fine, and occasionally supprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X