Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I got carded was 11 years ago on my 30th birthday in West Virginia.

Made the whole weekend for me.

Never happened since as there's too much grey in the hair.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

The closest I worked as a "bartender" was serving beer from a mobile card at the Mile High Flee Market, in the north-Denver area. I only had one instance where someone got upset about carding, or not carding as the case was.

I carded two of a party of 4 and the second woman demanded to know why I hadn't asked her. I was quick on my feet that day and simply told her "I just haven't gotten to you yet youngster" which mollified her.

The next group behind them were 4 older women, not one of them could have possibly been under 45, but I told them I had to check their ID's because they couldn't possibly been old enough to buy beer. They got such a kick out of it they managed to come to my card several times a day, every weekend, just to keep it up.

After that point, I made it a point to card the entire party, if I had to ask for one of them.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
        Well, the guy was buying smokes, but the drinking/lotto/smoking/etc age in BC is 19, I probably should have specified where I was from. :P
        Yes, we start em young here.

I'm really glad I work in a call center and am not forced to card people or directly interact with them in any way. I wouldn't trust my tongue. As is I keep a constant audible commentary going during calls by muting my mic on and off.

Comment

On the subject of getting carded:

The only time I was ever angry about being carded is when I didn't have my ID and it was "inconvienient" to go get it.

Mind you, not angry with the carder--angry with MYSELF, and I didn't take it out on the server/clerk.

It's the law. Put on your grown up underpants, and deal with it.

On a lighter note, my mom, my best friend, her mom, and a mutual friend of theirs took me out to Red Lobster for my last birthday. I actually ordered a drink for once, and the server carded me.

I almost *almost* kissed her, what with it being my big 40.

Mind you, she did NOT card my best friend, who turned 32 this last June. She was happy for me, but a teensy bit annoyed. I LOL'd, and told her "Damn good hair dye, is all I have to say."
          If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
            I carded two of a party of 4 and the second woman demanded to know why I hadn't asked her.
            I get this a lot. "Why didn't you card me?" Most people say it jokingly, when they are obviously old enough (40's, 50's, etc.) I usually just play it off with a joke. "Are you kidding me? We were drinking tequila shots last night! You don't remember?" Works almost every time!

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
            The next group behind them were 4 older women, not one of them could have possibly been under 45, but I told them I had to check their ID's because they couldn't possibly been old enough to buy beer.
            I have found that a group of older women that are drinking, especially if they are drinking beer, is one of the greatest groups to wait on, period.

And frankly, asking for their ID never fails to make them LOVE you.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Parrotheads
              What are those? If it is people with parrot heads-cool. If it is those guys who walk around with parrots on their heads, then yeah, I wouldn't want them around either.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Parrotheads are Jimmy Buffet fans. Or rather, fanatics. Sort of like Deadheads are devoted Grateful Dead fans. Same idea. Sort of. Though some of them do wear parrot hats on their heads. Among other things. Like shark fin hats, beer hats, margarita hats, palm tree hats, etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X