Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're not going to listen to me, don't ask me questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're not going to listen to me, don't ask me questions!

So, our campus is fairly confusing to navagate if you've never really been here before. I understand that, I've been there; but once you've figured it out, it's not that bad.

Luckily, a majority of our campus is in one building with various wings. However there's a few "out buildings" that are along our perimiter road. (It just goes around the whole campus, connects to all the parking lots and there are only 3 entrances/exits.) and There's 3 MAJOR roads that are on 3 sides of us, the 4th side basically being an interstate that you can't get onto.

Since I work in the Police Dept, this lady decided to call me and ask where one particular out building is. The converstation basically went like this:

Me: "******** Police?"
    Lady: "Oh hi. I'm uh, looking for building or wing "W" and I can't find it and I'm lost. Can you help me?"
    Me: "Oh, Yeah. Where are you right now?"
    Lady:" Well, I just walked out of this one door and I'm by a parking lot."

(Did I mention that there are at least 16 LARGE parking lots that are EVERYWHERE.)

Me: " *...* Okay, if you're near a lot, can you look up at the light poles and see what the sign says? Should have a letter like M, C or B and followed by a number."
    Lady: "There aren't any signs."
    Me: "*...yes there are...* Uh, okay then. Uhm, are you near any buildings? There should be a large sign on the corner that tells you the building letter."

Lady: "Well, I walked out of the student center. So, where is this building at? *starts asking random people she's walking by*"
    Me: "Well, do you know where the XYZ ave entrance/exit is? It's on the West side of the campus."
    Lady: "What? No?"

Me: "Okay, well if you get back onto perimiter road...*gets cut off*"
    Lady:"You mean ABC ave?"
    Me: "No. That's a main road. I'm talking about that road that you have to drive around on once you get onto campus."
    Lady: "Yeah, ABC ave."

Me: "No. Once again, that's the main road. I'm talking about the road that goes AROUND campus that connects to the parking lots. You want to get to the XYZ entrance/exit and there is a sign that says *XYZ EXIT* and there's a building RIGHT there next to the road with a giant W on it. That's the building. It's not attached to the rest of the college."
    Lady: "Well, I don't want to back into my car. Where is this building at, seriously? *Keeps asking other people*"

Me: " *.........* *waits while she keeps asking people*"
    Lady: "well, they said that there's a building across the street. Is that across ABC ave?"
    Me: "...no. It's across PERIMITER ROAD."
    Lady : "What are you talking about. Oh, I see some cars on a road. Maybe that's it. Oh, there's a building there, it has a W on it. *click*"

:head desk:

Then right now, I'm getting calls from a student, apparently, who thinks a room is too cold. Then the instructor was pissed off and told the student to go check it out because she's the one who was bothered by it. However, she's called 3 times about it and everyone was busy, and she has told me 3 different room numbers. :'(

Then right now, I'm getting calls from a student, apparently, who thinks a room is too cold
    "Ever hear of sweaters?" O_o

yeesh... then again i grew up with cold & snow

Comment

Some people have no sense of direction.

Some people have no sense of information.

Some people have no sense of manners.

Put them all together in one person and you have FAIL.

Comment

Quoth kaetchen View Post
        Me: "Okay, well if you get back onto perimiter road...*gets cut off*"
        Lady:"You mean ABC ave?"
        Me: "No. That's a main road. I'm talking about that road that you have to drive around on once you get onto campus."
        Lady: "Yeah, ABC ave."
        This is the point where I would have just kept repeating "across the street" and let her think whatever the hell she wants. The second you start wasting my time by asking all the passerbys what I'm supposed to be telling you you are shit out of luck. Actually I would have been tempted to hang up on her. Hey now, just cause I trained you doesn't always mean that that you should follow my method though. Give G the phone and get him to just start singing to them.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X