Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories and Globalization Sucks!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories and Globalization Sucks!!

No, it's not a conspiracy.

The day after Obama won the Presidential Election, we got swamped with people wanting the New York Times edition of the Obama Announcement. Now, we don't sell newspapers, and people kept asking, despite our instance we don't carry Newspapers period. One guy accused us of being sore McCain losers (To which I quipped "I voted for Ron Paul! I'm more hurt than the McCain supporters.")

Finally it got to the point where one of my co-irkers suggested that anyone else ask for the paper, tell them to go to the Airport Newsstand. They are desperate for the paper, at least it's looks like we're trying to help them out.

Nope. Even that was met with some skepticism. My favorite had to be the one person who remarked; Theirs no newsstand at the airport!!

Write to the pub...wait, did you just become Racist?

For the oddest reason, we have a supply of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in paperback. The catch is that their in Spanish. (And considering that we have a next to nil Spanish speaking population, I dunno why Corprorate shunted us a boatload of them, but that's not the point.)

Anyway, this lady comes up and plops the Spanish paperback version of Breaking Dawn onto my counter.
    Lady: Don'tcha have this in English?
    Me: No, we don't.
    Lady: Then why'll have this in Spanish instead of English?
    Me: Because thats the publishers choice, not ours. Your gonna have to complain to them about this.
    Lady: Goddamn, why do they have to cater to the Spics....So why not y'all have this in English.
    Me: Write to the publisher, thats all I can tell you and help you with.

Repeating and racial insults...swell.

and people think racism is over & done with cause Obama got elected president? Guess again.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      and people think racism is over & done with cause Obama got elected president? Guess again.
      And we can start a really good discussion over on Fratching to debate the possible repercussions of our recent election.

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread pertaining to Sucky Behavior - hold the political debates, please.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X