Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We hate your mascot! (And other sucky evaluations) Kinda long but fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We hate your mascot! (And other sucky evaluations) Kinda long but fun!

I realize that we cannot please all the people all the time, however, on the flip side of the coin, we realize we get lots of unreasonable people expecting so much from so little.

It's a campus tour/campus visit for criminey sake... what else do you expect? Do you want the president to greet you and kiss your student's* ass? Or for your student* to get a scholarship just for showing up?

*Note - I say student because the majority of our sucky evaluations are filled out by parents who have too high expectations of a simple campus tour*

We hang these SC evals in our office as a passive aggressive way to make fun of our sucky visitors.

Here are some of my favorites:

"It would have been nice to know there was a coupon in the packet for a T-Shirt. We were told to read the packet later, so we read it on the plane home!"
    Oh I am SO sorry! While you were sitting waiting for the tour, you must haved missed the slide that repeats at least a dozen times saying there is a coupon in your info guide. Yes, this is my diabolical plan to draw you back to campus.

"I thought the tour guides talked a little too much."
    Sorry, do you expect them to walk around campus, point shit out and not saw a damn thing? You are here to learn from our guides, to understand what it means to be a student here, so shut up and listen, kthxbai.

Warning: LONG
    "Went to the [old meeting place] per website confirmation, sat there 15 minutes with other visitors only to find out it was at [new meeting place]! There were no signs anywhere, we missed part of the presentation that was given in a rushed fashion. Tour didn't take us inside any lecture halls, classrooms, only computer lab. I realize classes were in session, but just a peek?
    Instead [tour guide] told us in detail about how she was accosted by a homeless guy on campus and how efficient security dealt with it. We also got in detail the story behind the gym, of course could we even peek inside the gym? No. Overall for a school with this "reputation," I was surprised at how unprofessional your overall presentation was given."
    What do you seriously want? This is an active college campus, people go here and live here - classes ARE in session, no you cannot have a peek and disrupt a professor's class. Also, read your frackin email, we sent a mass email to everyone who signed up for a tour that our meeting location has changed - it's not my fault if you deleted it or if it went into your spam filter. Also, you and the other families are morons because I checked in the old meeting place and a sign was right there on the desk saying the location changed. What the hell do you expect the tour guide to share? She described traditions, history, and safety! Your daughter just got saved from being assaulted because of the tour guide's story about the efficiency of campus police.

(Student marked that her interest decreased after visiting us) Her explanation: "Not because of the tour, but because I am more about supporting small businesses and the campus doesn't seem to have a good independent culture."
    Would you like to meet my summer assistant who happens to be Iranian, alternative/grunge, and has friends from all walks of life? Would you like to see the Chocolate Vagina's that get sold every Valentine's Day to celebrate the Vagina Monologue performance. Just because we have chain restaurants in the food court doesn't mean this place doesn't support independent culture. Unless you are at a heavily religious college (like Liberty Univ, or Bob Jones) every college fosters and independent culture!

"More information needs to be directed to parents. Reminder that students can get more directed information for them at student orientation."
    What the frak? Are YOU going to college, mom or dad? This is NOT your experience, this is your student's experience. You don't need directed information, THEY do! Also, your tour happened in June, do you expect us to give your student NOTHING for a year until next summer when they go to orientation? Fool! Stop hovering before I RPG your ass.

"The tour guide was very nice, but she needs to limit her own personal experiences. She goes off subject and it wastes time."
    Again... personal experiences about the school are the cornerstone of EVERY campus tour! Next time, we'll just give you rehearsed answers and make sure our guides are mindless automatons.

And finally... the anti-mascot mom... Nothing made this parent happy about our visit-day program that we did. Seriously, she wrote no positive comment on her evaluation. Here are here many comments. Obsoive...

"Enough already about the [mascots]. We do not care! We did not come to hear about it, we only came about academics!"

(Review about the opening speaker) A SALES PITCH - NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS. We are the greatest, the best in the world, etc, etc!
    Sorry, but when you have world-class rankings, you like to share it. Also, no shit it was a pitch, we are RECRUITING! Duh!

In her other reviews of the individual sessions, she began to take a count of how many times the mascot was mentioned. "2nd time we mentioned [mascot]!" and "3rd time we mentioned [mascot]!"

(Review about the tour) "And the winner is the young lady who gave the tour and mentioned [mascot] twice! More information we can use!"

(Overall eval) "Give us information we can actually use! Parents come to have all their questions answered. You have been doing this for years, you should have it honed to perfection! You should know what questions parents are going to ask!"

Lady... If I worked here when this eval was filled out, I would smack you. What the hell did you come for? You were given information on financial aid and scholarships (she complained the presenter couldn't answer any of their questions), you were given a tour of our campus and it's history and traditions, we shared with you our rankings and notoriety to show you why we are a top university, you got to talk to two academic areas and met plenty of people. You got your frackin information... you were given plenty of information to use! And who gives a rip that we mentioned our mascot. That is who we are! It is a part of us as much as our rankings and academics are. We are the home of the [mascot] and always will be! Academics is not the only reason people go to college, and I feel sorry for your student who you have obviously sheltered beyond belief. I hope your student does enroll, any chance to get away from you!

@#$%^&*!

/rant.
Working...
X