Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. When I am driving by myself I sing along to the stereo. Not so unusual, but it gets odd when someone else does something stupid while driving. That's when I start to bitch at them while still singing along and making it fit. For example, someone is in front of me and is going slightly below the speed limit. Let's say Windy by the Association is on. So instead of singing "everyone knows it's windeeee" I sing " I wish that you'd move your assss!" or "gas pedal's on the right siiide!"

2. I've been reading since I was about four and will read anything from trashy novels to biographies to classics, and I have a particular fondness for humor. I am also amassing a good collection of cookbooks. As long as it does not bore me within the first couple of pages I will read it. Thank goodness for used bookstores.

3. I cannot tune out background music. This goes double if I cannot stand the song.

4. I have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know.

5. Even though I have light/medium olive skin, I tend to burn more easily than my more fair-skinned friends.

Comment

Quoth Princess J View Post
      "gas pedal's on the right siiide!"
      Oh, my god I say this allll the time. I don't sing it, though.

OK, here's mine...
      1. I have a phobia of peanuts (and other nuts). I haven't eaten them in over 12 years. I am not allergic to them (as far as I know), but I am afraid they will kill me.

2. I get motion sick in just about every mode of transportation except trains, unless I am driving.

3. I have flown exactly 4 times in my life, both trips were to Florida.

4. I have only been out of the US once, to Toronto on a school trip, and I have never been west of Pennsylvania.

5. I grew up near the shore, but I hate the beach except at night. I love it when it is dark and no one is around.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

1. I'm terrified of centipedes. I *will* scream bloody murder if startled by one.

2. Will not eat melon or any food that has touched melon.

3. Became engaged to my husband one week after we met.

4. I don't need to use conditioner, even with really long hair as my hair naturally produces plenty of oils and I never get split ends.

5. My favorite ride at Disney World is "It's a Small World". I would ride it over and over and over again if it didn't drive my family nuts. But riding it during every visit to the Magic Kingdom is a *must*.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

1) I read the newspaper from back to front...including the Sunday color comics.
          2) I jealously guard my status as one of the few people who has never watched "Ghostbusters".
          3) I can read words that are upside-down.
          4) I think vanilla is underappreciated. I LOVE vanilla--ice cream, candy, even perfume.
          5) I like short guys better than tall guys (of course since I'm only 5'4", "tall" is relative, but still)
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Princess J, we are the same person! Well, except that I was a vracious reader as a kid, not so much anymore.

telecom_goddess You wanted to add 2; play again if you want. That goes for everyone.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hmmmm.... Lets see...

1. I have a paralytic fear of moths.
              2. I taught myself to play piano at 3 just by hearing music on the radio
              3. I can put my right leg behind my head, but not my left.
              4. I have Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which has caused me to be an insomniac for most of my life.
              5. I have a black thumb of death and have killed every plant I have tried to grow, including ribbon grass and cacti.
              "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

1. I collect pajamas but I sleep nude.
                2. I let my dog sleep with me.
                3. I have a personality disorder
                4. I'd walk around naked in public if I was allowed to
                5. I seriously believe that I can curse people.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

1 - I rescue roses. I buy the dying/dead-looking ones on the dollar stand and rehabilitate them. Only lost one so far.

2 - When I'm about to lose my temper, I take it out on the garden instead of people. Surprisingly, my plants grow very well.

3 - I devour books. I've been reading since I was 4 and have a rule of only buying books that I'm going to read more than once.

4 - I'm exceedingly clumsy.

5 - I don't like diamonds.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Strange things, huh? Where the hell do I start?

3. I have exactly one food allergy: bananas. But it won't kill me or even incapacitate me if I eat bananas. It will just irritate my throat to the point of my thinking, "Man, that's irritating." It's a very, very minor allergy.
                    I get this too, but only if I eat the banana by itself. If its with other food, like on a sandwich or in a fruit salad I'm fine.

1: I have an extremely high tolerance for pain. To the point that I've had instances where I've been stopped by friends to tell me "Hey, you're bleeding."

2: I own a cell phone, used to work in a call center supporting them, but never ever carry it with me or use it.

3: I'm a natural writer. Give me an hour with just about anything and I can suggest changes/improvements or turn out a 3 to 4 page essay complete with research.

4: I typically wake up naturally after only 4 to 5 hours of sleep.

5: Though I only live about an hour to an hour and a half from the border of Canada I have never left the country. I have however been to most of the lower 48 states.

Comment

1) My skin coloration is impossible to describe
                      2) Photographs of me look nothing like me
                      3) I have either arcane, Entropy, or gremlins-- possibly all three
                      4) Love learning, hate school
                      5) Can't hold on to anger. Get super angry about abstract concepts.
                      Bonus: Often get worried/anxious about things that other people don't simply because they believe it doesn't involve them (but it actually does which is why I worry)
                      Bonus: super-high WIS score-- I can level something without a leveller, find pens and pencils like a madwoman, and yet can never remember where I put my darn keys.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Five WEIRD things about me?
                        1) I have been described by my brother as being "Chaotic anti-conformist" for my alignment.
                        2) Also according to my brother, I can have entire conversations with myself, and he is just a sounding board when he's around... I don't really need him other than to hear my thoughts out loud...
                        3) I am absolutely direction blind. I could have a map and a GPS with me and STILL get lost...
                        4) I constantly confuse myself on purpose. It makes life more interesting if I don't know exactly what's going on.
                        5) I buy things less on the factor of, "I want/need that," and more on the factor of, "Ooooh, that's weird!"
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"gas pedal's on the right siiide!"
                          I will often yell at other drivers from within the cabin of my truck. Oftentimes it's something along the lines of, "Try the fucking pedal on the right, you moron! It means GO!"

I have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know.
                          I had no idea my mom was on this site!

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I have flown exactly 4 times in my life, both trips were to Florida.

...and I have never been west of Pennsylvania.
                          You really should look at a map. Almost all of Florida is west of almost all of Pennsylvania. A lot of very intelligent people (including my own mother) often forget that the East Coast isn't even close to straight down; if you went straight north from Key West, for example, you'd be in the middle of Ohio.

Don't believe me? Just go to googlemaps.com. Their opening page makes it very visible.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          I'm terrified of centipedes.
                          I have a phobia of bees and other similar flying stinger type insects. Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                          My favorite ride at Disney World is "It's a Small World".
                          Thank you for putting the most annoying song EVER into my head.

I'll get you for this!

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          I jealously guard my status as one of the few people who has never watched "Ghostbusters".
                          There are a lot of iconic movies I have never seen, which is a bit odd as I am a bit of a movie buff. But some I have managed to miss include all of the Jurrasic Parks, Goonies, Stand by Me, and the one that drives people nuts when they find out I've never seen it, Christmas Story.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          I like short guys better than tall guys (of course since I'm only 5'4", "tall" is relative, but still)
                          Short girls are hawt! Of course, I'm 5'8", but still, I find girls your height and shorter to be cuter than hell, and have a thang for them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.
                            Marvelous image. I think it may cause me a few chuckles throughout the day, even.

(even though I am exactly the same damn way with the things)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.
                              Rugz does the same thing, whereas I almost knocked out a window by smashing a wasp with my hand. *Shrugs* My standard response to creep-crawlies is to kill first and ask questions later. He claims I have no sense of self-preservation.
                              Yes, I did once head out to kill a snake armed with a star-picket, heavy boots and a shovel... why do you ask? (For the record, my staffy had already killed it neatly and left it lying where my siblings had been playing only an hour earlier. Luckily, he had no bites, as it was a brown snake)
                              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Cool, I am Jester's mom and Food Lady wrapped up in one person, haha! I thought of 5 more!

1. I do not like certain classic movies everyone else seems to love. 3 I can think of off the top of my head are Casablanca (I get the most outrage directed toward me when I admit this) The Goonies (I get so much crap for this, too. Apparently people my age are supposed to think of it as The Movie that Speaks to Our Generation. To me, it says, "blah.") Lastly there is E.T. which honestly bores me severely.

2. I used to hate the color pink. Now I don't mind it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it, I just don't mind it. I even have a t-shirt or 2 in a dark pink now.

3. Speaking of colors, I may look nice in pink, which is okay, but I like better the color green but can't wear it because it makes me look jaundiced. What's odd is I can wear pretty much any shade of blue or yellow.

4. I like some foods and drinks various people have said are an acquired taste. Unlike some women, I have never had to pretend to like beer, I always have. As for foods, I like mushrooms, olives, capers, etc. Maybe not odd around here, but in my neck of the woods certainly a bit strange. I have the odd feeling I would possibly like vegemite okay if I tried it.

5. I love records, odd in the days of ipods, but I can't help it. I love vinyl, there is nothing else like it to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X