X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

male coworker called in sick "because my dick hurts."
    That is too funny!
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

A friend told me this gem: he had a female co worker who took off every month because of her period--to the utter frustration of the rest of the staff. So one day a male coworker called in sick "because my dick hurts." The female manager tried to challenge it but the male coworker stood firm.
      At least the male co-worker didn't go soft.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth cadguy View Post
        Excuses as told to me by a colleague regarding some of his co-workers excuses at his previous job:

"I can't come in today, I've eaten an ice lolly too quick"

"I can't come to work today, I have amnesia"

Really? REALLY?
        If you have amnesia, shouldn't you have no recollection of where you work?
        "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          *snicker*
          So nice, it had to be said thrice
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
            I have yet to have a mental health day. Only time I called off when I wasn't sick was when I was going to a hockey game. I guess that could be classified as one, since it was during the holiday season in '08.
            Just like George Jetson playing hooky to see a football game. Good thing it was his boss's idea, and that he went with him. Too bad they both were playing hooky from their wives, and got caught on live TV!
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Lady_Foxfire View Post
              (without overtime pay, because the pay period ends mid-week),
              I took notice of what you said about overtime, it should not matter when the pay period ends. Just because the pay period ends does not mean the pay week ends and Federal Law mandates overtime (pay of time and a half) when you work more than 40 hours in a work week, so even if your pay period ends on Thursday, for example, you should still get paid overtime if you work more than 40 hours in that week, it would just come on the next check. I would check out your company's policy on overtime and then Google the Federal Labor Laws regarding overtime, because they cannot legally circumvent the law, although sone places try. The only way you would not be paid overtime is if you were a salary employee.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 12-05-2012, 11:41 PM. Reason: fixed broken tag

Comment

Working...
              X