This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a craigslist post for my old job

I was browsing Craigslist looking for something better and I come across an ad for my old job.

I'd like to warn college students against taking an internship for this company. They are so awful. From the management, to the pay, to having to use your own equipment... It's just bad!

That said, I'm glad to be outta there!

Sounds like you had fun there... Have any stories?
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Yeah...I found one full of misspellings and grammar errors on a job that I quit. The then manager wrote it. The owner kept promoting her even though she couldn't speak or write English very well and had no experience managing. I thought, 'I pity the fool who gets hired for that.' The manager moved away and now the new manager is who i remember as the office drunk, who left beer bottles everywhere. I wouldn't go back even to visit. The owner has bad judgement...
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth scary cary View Post
        I was browsing Craigslist looking for something better and I come across an ad for my old job.

I'd like to warn college students against taking an internship for this company. They are so awful. From the management, to the pay, to having to use your own equipment... It's just bad!

That said, I'm glad to be outta there!
        well having to use your own equipment isn't entirely horrible; i've seen some good jobs that had that requirement... however the pay is suppose to make up for the cost of the equipment.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          well having to use your own equipment isn't entirely horrible; i've seen some good jobs that had that requirement... however the pay is suppose to make up for the cost of the equipment.
          The pay was between 5-10K less than industry average in this city. Depending on your experience of course.

The management is not very good. The owner of the business made his money in a different field and then started in public relations about 15 years ago. Since then a lot has changed in the PR world but the way the company continues to do things is very old school. Lots of lying to the clients about what exactly the firm could deliver. A whole hell of a lot of shifting the blame. God forbid management was ever responsible for a screwup

Comment

Working...
          X