This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party!

Well. Last night the wife decided to pitch a fit and stay at her moms (she's been yelling since I cut off her moms finances)

So. This morning I wake up to a delivery of a $3800 cheque. Cashed it and now I'm doing a bit of retail therapy and hitting the town tonight lol!

She started at work last night over text. Flared up my crohns so bad from the stress I was in pain for 12 hours. Time to blow off steam!

... wait a minute.

You were supporting her mom financially.

You decided to stop said financial support. I presume with good reason, and much forethought, as well as more than a bit of discussion between you and your wife.

She decided to have a wobbly over your assumption that her mother is a fully-functioning adult.

This caused you to get rather painfully sick.

I didn't realize you were married to someone with the emotional age of an overtired three year old.

You've earned the retail therapy. Hopefully you find some rather useful items for building a fort. You may need it.

Comment

Ditto. If your wife feels her mom needs perpetual financial aid, let her supply it. And enjoy your retail therapy!

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
        I didn't realize you were married to someone with the emotional age of an overtired three year old.
        Now that is kind of unfair, isn't it? We don't get a lot of details about the situation, here. Hopping straight to calling names isn't really cool - it sounds like a stressful place to be for both Pimento and his wife. Think about it - there must have been a reason Pimento was helping mom-in-law financially in the first place, and it would be entirely acceptable for her daughter to be worried about it all.

If this is the case (and I understand this all conjecture from anyone except Pimento, myself included), then she handled it poorly, but she might be forgiven some freak-out about the situation.

Or she could just be acting childish if it's more simple than I think.

Judging about such a complicated-sounding situation without many details isn't really going to help anyone.

Comment

Here's the update:

I have a hangover that was constructed in the darkest depths of hell.

I'm sure I paid tuition for one or two nice ballerina type ladies

My wife has an appointment with her doctor to try and get help for her rampant mood swings. Her doctor had mentioned a big hormone type imbalance but its been really bad lately.

Comment

A hormone imbalance will certainly explain an irrational behaviour. Good luck with getting well.
            I heard, in the radio,about a new diet to help irritable colon. Try googling FODMAP (and ask your doctor or dietist).

Comment

Well she lost her shit and has been out partying with her friends for 2 days and counting.

Comment

Well. She has no intention of coming home till Wednesday.

Ruined my kids bday

Made it so I had to send him home earlier

Guess who's getting a divorce?!

House and shit is in her name not mine. Cars all mine plus most of the stuff here. Figuring out if I can take my dogs to my parents or not. But ill be staying there for a few months to recoup some of the financial damage her family has done.

Comment

Also in 3 days I've lost 8 lbs due to how stress triggers my crohns. So instead of stressing I'm just gonna send her back to the gutter where I found her

Comment

Yup. She's been acting like its all no big deal. Taunting me .etc

She's gonna be real surprised when theres no rent paid and suddenly she's got absolutely nothing lol. Since 80% of what's in the house is mine

Comment

Make sure to be careful about the whole thing -- you don't want a judge to mess with you because you did something wrong legally. If you're going to mess with her, do it in a legal fashion.

That said, I agree with your feeling of wanting her to leave with next to nothing.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Right now I'm just focusing on holding myself together lol

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                          Guess who's getting a divorce?!

House and shit is in her name not mine.
                          Definitely get legal advice. Don't know about B.C., but in some jurisdictions the "matrimonial home" is presumed to be joint property, regardless of whose name is on the title.

The issue of your money going to her mother is a BIG one. On the one hand, it could be seen as you assuming the burden (i.e. cost you money post-divorce). On the other, it could be seen as your wife wasting marital assets (i.e. "That money you sent your mother comes out of YOUR share if the pie").

Note that I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yeah. Right now I'm just kinda slowly packing house. Still have t heard anything from her other than her refusal to talk things over. So while I have no definite answer, I'm assuming its done a d preparing to move on

Comment

I hate to admit this, but I had a feeling this was how this would end.

Make sure to find yourself a good lawyer; I'd hate to see you taken to the cleaners since you were the responsible one in the relationship.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X