This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest things you've seen in a game

I'm bored, so I figured I'd start sharing something to laugh at.

Video games are fun, and funny sometimes as well. Sometimes it's intentional, other times it's not, but if it makes you laugh, who cares? This thread is all about sharing, be it something from Game Fails or some random encounter you've had in a game. Share it, and spread the laughter a bit.

Here's my opener: I play Planetside 2 a lot, and really enjoy doing so...but my server has something that can only be described as an anomaly. Something unexpected, unnatural...and utterly brilliant in terms of trolling levels. This anomaly has a name, though we just refer to it as "The Squirrel" (so it doesn't get banned again).

Now, what's brilliant about that, you ask? It's simple...for those who don't know, PS2 is a MMO FPS title. You pit hundreds of people against hundreds of others in massive battles to try and conquer several continents, and have fun doing so; it's not the most complex game. However, it has some neat features, such as in-game VOIP (that sometimes even works), and my favorite, proximity VOIP that fades in/out based on how far you are from other people while they talk. And that is where the Squirrel comes in, for they devised a method of screwing with people that is utterly fantastic.

See, the Squirrel does not engage in combat. They do not hunt for the lives of men and women, hoping to bring glory to their people. No, the Squirrel simply purchases ATVs...and rides around playing Mexican Polka over their proximity radio. He has thousands of deaths, but has never fired a shot in return, and has 0 kills. Playing music is literally all he does.

It's fantastic...some people hate it, but most realize it is one of the funniest things ever. Most of our enemies know his name by now too, and try not to kill him when they can. In return, the Squirrel will ride up next to them...stare at them...then ride off into the sunset. The first time I ever saw this happen, I was nearly in tears laughing...you're never prepared for the moment when the dulcet tones of an accordion and trumpets will fade in from the distance, only to leave you moments later. I only wish I'd thought of it first.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

The Teddy Bear scene from "Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude".
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Best Villain song EVER.
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
        The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Best Villain song EVER.
        Damn you, now I can't stop humming that again

Also, as far as funny? Glados. Just Glados.

Comment

In fallout 3 you can find a teddy bear factory where bears have been put in suggestive positions with each other or with syringes, drinks and guns around them. Further in a dlc you can find a garden gnome sitting in front of a camera pointed at two tied up teddy bears with a help us sign.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

In The Secret World MMO, there's a scene where a tough-looking soldier (who actually is a strong, tough guy) is talking seriously with a pink teddy bear. Not a hallucination or anything, just a normal pink teddy bear children's toy.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

This is related to Pokemon. Specifically Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Take a GOOD long look at Castform's NORMAL form:

Is it just me or does it just consist of a floating head with testicles or boobs? (Yes I know what it's meant to be based off of....)

This guy who does countdowns on Youtube pointed this out to me. I could not stop giggling over it.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

For Iracing.com (online racing sim) one of the funniest things I've seen while in the actually game was a car hanging from the flag stand at a short track.

Outside of that, the U-tube video below that someone else made after they hit one of the 'landmines' in the sim would also have to rank near the top.

http://youtu.be/_Z2ob-Eohqo
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

In one of the KQ games where your playing with Prince Alexander you get to go to the underworld. To get a certain key you start to play on a rib cage like a xylophone. The can can skeletons make the whole game worthwhile.

Comment

The "Drinking Contest" quest in Skyrim had me in giggle fits. Especially the guy who says "you stole my sheep!"
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

In the new Tomb Raider game in the coastal forest, I found a glitch that caused bunch of floating flashlights all over the map. It's the ghooooost light!!! I found it absolutely hilarious at the time.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Halo 2. The Sergeant's little speech after hearing about the Prophet of Regret: "Dear, humanity. We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to Earth! And we most ESPECIALLY regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!" Other Marines: "HOO-RAH!"

Comment

Nier; Any time Dadass (Badass Dad) and Grimore Weiss discuss fishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDXZI_Q1sWc

A compilation of the first 5 parts. (there's 8 in total)

Comment

I remembered one...the entire scene leading up to Flonne and Laharl's recruitment in Disgaea 2 (Minor spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8w0QA3Tn4 (Flonne)
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vogDi21A5Y (Laharl)

Comment

If you're a fan of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and/or Ace Investigations with Miles Edgeworth.

Spoilers? Highlight if you want to see.

Then the funniest scene in my opinion is in Ace Investigations Case 4 where a young Kay blows her nose into Miles's cravat instead of the handkerchief after crying so much.

The lols I had.

Comment

Working...
                              X