This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins....

Senior prank 2013 is here! For the record, while I'm a senior, I'm not touching this with a ten- foot pole. I'm already in danger of not graduating, I don't need to guarantee it by pulling something stupid.

But so far, there's been a food fight and an arrest for an assault on an on-campus police officer. There are rumors of water balloons filled with paint and whoever is wearing white shirts, teacher or student alike, are to be "violated in some way".

Will update more as the day progresses. I think I'll be eating my lunch under the table; I don't feel like washing mayonnaise off my clothes today...
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

It's actually been surprisingly calm. Probably because there are cameras and teachers everywhere this time around. They took some of the cameras from the student news and have pointed all throughout the cafeteria. I'm looking at about five cameras.

I have to congratulate them. I left last years prank in what I believe was a minor panic attack i.e., my breathing and heart rate had quickened to the point where I was dizzy and I couldn't form a sentence because I just couldn't think straight. I didn't calm down until I had been home for about an hour, curled up under the covers of my bed. While I don't know for sure if that's a panic attack, I've never had one. (Could very easily been overstimulation) I still REALLY don't want a repeat of that...

The day is still early however... And good god if I'm in the same school with people stupid enough to punch a uniformed officer, I would be shocked if nothing happened.

Comment

A senior prank is filling the principal's office with baloons. A senior prank is handing the principal a marble when you shake his hand getting your diploma.

A senior prank is not paint filled baloons, or damage to the school or attacking anyone. I'm so fed up with people thinking assault or vandalism is "just a joke." You're about to go out into the world where people have no tolerance for that sort of thing. Might want to learn it the easy way instead of the hard way.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My oldest daughters High School Senior prank was the football players carrying and placing the principal's car in the middle of the football field.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          A senior prank is filling the principal's office with baloons. A senior prank is handing the principal a marble when you shake his hand getting your diploma.

A senior prank is not paint filled baloons, or damage to the school or attacking anyone. I'm so fed up with people thinking assault or vandalism is "just a joke." You're about to go out into the world where people have no tolerance for that sort of thing. Might want to learn it the easy way instead of the hard way.
          Definitely - there's a BIG difference between a prank and vandalism. Many years back, I had let my jacket go for too long without washing it, and one of my cow-irkers (TM Dilbert) wrote "wash me" on the back of it (hanging in employee cloakroom) with a permanent marker - pure vandalism, since that DIDN'T wash out. On the other hand, if they had put a bit of thought, effort, and money into it, and used a soap crayon (sold as children's bath toys) to write the message (being soap, it would have washed out), that would have been a good prank.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

End of the day tally: 1 student arrested (who I'll wager likely won't walk the stage), 3 students ISS (In School Suspension) 1 of them for throwing a paint balloon (where he was tackled by about five coaches who were on watch for this kind of thing). The two others were ratted out to be ringleaders and were talking about bringing paintball guns on Twitter.

Yeah, there were some hiccups, but I think the school did really well with finding who was responsible. They took the students who had bad reputations, looked through their phones and carried it out from there.

The main hallway where last year's incident took place was swarming with teachers and staff. I counted almost 20 on the first floor alone. It's going to be like this for the rest of the year to make no one tries anything.
            Last edited by Eevie; 05-17-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

This was nothing compared to last year. Water balloons filled with baby oil to make a slip and slide, animals released into the hallways (rats, mice, canaries, snakes, a few lizards), and what can only be described as a riot going on in the main hall. Said riot ended up on the front page in the local news. I still have the picture on file if you guys are interested in seeing it.

I have nothing against a harmless prank, there were rumors about a Gangnam Style flash mob; which would've been awesome. But this is insane.

And it's likely going to be rescheduled for another day. Is simple common sense a rarity now?
              Last edited by Eevie; 05-17-2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Hmm... senior pranks at my school included:
                • Letting 3 chickens loose in the courtyard. This was made more funny by the fact it was an enclosed space, maybe 100 feet long by 30 feet wide. It took 3 janitors the better part of an hour to capture them. They just could not put it together between the three of them to single out one chicken at a time.
                • Removing the first 10 rows of stadium seating in the auditorium and placing them neatly against the stage
                • Switching license plates amongst various teachers cars (someone spilled the beans, else it would have gone on for weeks)
                • Someone stole the statue of our mascot. I'm not entirely sure how, that thing was exceedingly heavy.

I didn't participate in any of them, but the chicken thing was just... fall on your ass funny to watch. It was a good way to kill an entire class period, at any rate.
                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                And it's not what I wanted to be
                The weight on me
                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post

I didn't participate in any of them, but the chicken thing was just... fall on your ass funny to watch. It was a good way to kill an entire class period, at any rate.
                  No kidding! That's hilarious! And seeing how it's outside, there isn't a lot that chicken could do that would cause damage. Hell, we still have some leftover stuff from the last year, a few oil balloons stuck to the ceiling with the oil stain splatter around. That's really frustrating. My school is only a few years old. When people are getting a tour of place and they see something like that, what will they think?

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                    No kidding! That's hilarious! And seeing how it's outside, there isn't a lot that chicken could do that would cause damage. Hell, we still have some leftover stuff from the last year, a few oil balloons stuck to the ceiling with the oil stain splatter around. That's really frustrating. My school is only a few years old. When people are getting a tour of place and they see something like that, what will they think?
                    Even better, put numbers on the 3 chickens, numbers 1 2 and 4, then see how long peope=le start looking for number 3 for
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                      Even better, put numbers on the 3 chickens, numbers 1 2 and 4, then see how long peope=le start looking for number 3 for

I love doing that to people. Doesn't matter what you put the numbers on. Works every time.

Quoth Eevie View Post
                      Is simple common sense a rarity now?
                      Common sense: so rare it's officially classified as a super power.
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                        Common sense: so rare it's officially classified as a super power.
                        I don't know why I asked. Driving in the school parking lots should've given me the answer a long time ago. I saw one guy riding on top of a truck, with his friends driving full speed over the speed bumps.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                          ... over the speed bumps.
                          That's when a guy at my high school discovered that his best friends and good buddies had removed his lug nuts... the girls waiting for the bus were *very* impressed
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My senior year (commonly known as "muck-up" day down here, with the idea that once they've gotten it out of their system, they won't repeat it) forbade muck-up day because of the actions of the previous year.

The lineup for the previous year?

-Trashed one of the middle school toilets to the point where it had to be closed down for the day. (The rumours around that included use of bodily substances, I could smell something but didn't think what it was)

-Covered all the railings around the school in grease or similar substances. (I fell victim to this prank inadvertedly, luckily by then the grease had dried so it was more sticky to the touch)

-Urinated in various places around the school (the music centre got hit pretty bad, they had to open the doors to air out the smell. This was despite the fact that the Year 12 music class had a small handful of students, not half the year.)

-The usual shaving cream and silly string rounds (this had been done in previous years without consequence)

-The usual waterbombing rounds (I suspect that some of them contained the urine mentioned earlier).

-One guy did a "nudie" run down the main open-air corridor wearing nothing but a skirt and a loincloth made from condoms. (used ones)

-Several guys gave themselves a "vegemite" tan.

-Someone's Vespa was shrink-wrapped. (Down here, if you have your P-Plates, you can drive a Vespa/scooter on a car license). They also tried to shrink-wrap people too and I almost fell victim to this (I ended up "ducking" down to the ground and the principal happened to be walking past at the time)

Rumours from the years before that involved the deputy principal (at the time) taking a taxi to school on muckup day.
                            Needless to say, it got cancelled for our year. They allowed it for my sister's year with much tighter security and no damage to the school property (my sister was allowed to dress up and spray people with water guns).
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm all about pranks and practical jokes, but there's a difference between these and dangerous or violent stunts. Hunt: if your "prank" has a medium to good chance of causing serious injury to someone (removing the lug nuts from a car's wheels, for example), it's no longer a prank, but pure idiocy.

In my university dorms, we had a prank war going with another wing. Two of our better pranks were removing all of the shower heads from both of their bathrooms, and in the middle of the night, making their hall an obstacle course by creating a string maze, tying string in across the hall at all angles and heights, to door knobs, etc.

My best practical joke to date is still the one wear my friend, a world class magician, believed he was being contracted to perform magic for NFL executives during that year's Super Bowl. To which even he bowed to me for the sheer genius of it, and because of which many of my other friends have told me that they hoped they never pissed me off.

Quoth Eevie View Post
                              Said riot ended up on the front page in the local news. I still have the picture on file if you guys are interested in seeing it.
                              Yes, please!

Quoth Eevie View Post
                              I saw one guy riding on top of a truck, with his friends driving full speed over the speed bumps.
                              Urban surfing!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X