This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone do string art?

I've been getting more and more into string art lately. The most recent project was this one:

Anyone else here do string art? I don't really know anyone else who does except my mom and she's usually crazy busy between work and my niece so I don't get much chance to chat about it with people who actually do anything even similar.
    Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

While I don't do string art, but I feel qualified to say that the piece you shared looks awesome.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That looks awesome.

The only real "string art" I've done was when I was a kid. One of the kids in my class had her mother come in and have us do these string art cards. Around Christmas time, one was in the shape of a Christmas tree, the other design was of two hearts joined together (presumably for mothers day).
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

That does look absolutely amazing. Very random thought - if you enjoy that sort of thing, you might like lace making. I've seen a lot of people do it throughout my childhood, and it looked a bit like that...just you get lace at the end!
        I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Thanks guys They take ages for me to make. I keep meaning to do small projects in between but then I figure out a big pattern and there's no going back. And by the time I'm a 1/4 of the way done with the nails I'm already irritated and ready to be done with that part

I had never heard of lace making but after looking it up, that looks very awesome! I will have to try that out sometime!
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

If you like working with thread, you might also want to look into macrame.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X