This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No You Haven't

A tech post made me think of this. I don't have a single SC in mind, but this happened to me constantly.

We had a register at the sporting goods counter, with which to ring up fishing licenses. The store desperately needed a red service phone there, but the SC's had to find us another way.

Anywho, here's how things normally went.

*I walk by the sports register and see that no one is around*
    *Five minutes later, I get a call that a guest needs help there*
    *I go out*
    SC: I've been waiting for twenty minutes! It's impossible to find anyone around here!

On a side note, most people trying to get fishing licenses are jerks. Seriously, most were snotty and rude. I don't know what the relationship with fishing and asshattery is.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

I'm really going to have to come up with a chart or guide that translates real world time in SC measurements.
    Real world second = 30 SC seconds
    Real world minute = 5 SC minutes

So forth and so on...
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I have always found that they lie to a factor of three to four, so if they say 20 they really mean 5-7
      If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

how about we jsut chalk it up to special relativity and time dilation?

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
          how about we jsut chalk it up to special relativity and time dilation?
          You mean, the more a CS is dense, the greater its mass, therefore distording space/time, making everything slower - including brains ?

Comment

"SC: I've been waiting for twenty minutes! It's impossible to find anyone around here!"

Response:

"Wow! You count minutes the same way I count the dead bodies under the store!"

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              "SC: I've been waiting for twenty minutes! It's impossible to find anyone around here!"

Response:

"Wow! You count minutes the same way I count the dead bodies under the store!"

i dont get it

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                i dont get it
                Meant to scare her into thinking there are dead bodies under the store but not as many as I say there are. It's called a plausible diversion. :-)
                Tell a bigger lie than the other one so that the original lie seems like part of it might be true. :-)
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                X