This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pulled fire alarm

It was 115am We had some people in our pool swimming...with their children... yeah They were in a couple rooms. They were in as friends and family of a housekeeper here. Okay.

Yeah so they are outside smoking & their 5 year old pulls the fire alarm. We even had a couple people including my security guy witness a confession later.

We have over a 120 rooms... EVERYONE was woken up & pissed. At me. Even though I had nothing to do with it.

It is against the law to pull a fire alarm if there is no fire.

My manager's phone must have been off. I had to call the Front Desk Manager... Then, luckily, the District Manager was in house so I could ask, legally, what we could do.

So I go on vacation tomorrow...and this is how my last night prior has gone so far. I am livid.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Option 1 - prosecute the parents as the guardians of the toddler who committed the crime.

Option 2 - place the parents in the hotel ballroom. Alert all other guests they're there. When everyone's in, lock the doors. Wait 10 minutes.

Comment

So is there anything that can be done? If it is against the law, were the police called?

Is the fire alarm low enough that a 5-year old can pull it?
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        So is there anything that can be done? If it is against the law, were the police called?

Is the fire alarm low enough that a 5-year old can pull it?
        Good questions...

I couldn't get ahold of my manager, so I spoke to the Distict Manager about what legal action we could take. He said it would be taken care of in the AM. They could be facing fines.

I never thought the fire alarm could be pulled but a 5-yr-old, but that is what happened according to the parents... Did they lie? perhaps
        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

So, either they weren't watching their kid, or the parents themselves have the mental capacity of a 5 year old (considering they'd be lacking the internal sign which says "even though you want to press the big red button marked "do not press," pressing it might be a bad idea).

Comment

Depending on the kid, the fire alarm may have been located in a way to allow for handicap access. So as most 5 year olds I know, they WILL find a way to get at what they want.
            I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
            -The Amazing E
            Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Shit happens, which is quite normal every Monday Night were I work. Monday is the last day of the workweek for me before my "weekend" off. (I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off) I usually leave a big stack of paper work or complaints for Mrs. M to deal with in the morning.

(Mrs. M is considered my supervisor, though she and I have both been in the hotel business for the same length of time, she has been at this particular hotel for much longer)
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You said there was a confession? I'm curious to hear how the parents reacted to their little one pulling the bright red lever. It could have been "calling" to the little one Anyhoo, I'd like to know if the parents acted like decent human beings or if they believed little precious could do no wrong.

So much for swimming at 1:15am. Now what are you going to do during your shift?
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't know of any hotels around where the pool is open after 11 pm. Maybe in the Dells, but not here....
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We usually stay at a larger mom and pop hotel on the Cape (Cape Cod, MA). Officially they close the pool at 11 and tennis courts at 10 PM, but if you ask nicely they will let you swim late, espically if you are a frequent customer.

Comment

Working...
                    X