Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can just imagine the suck that will ensue when the barristas try and enforce the rule. No self-involved cell-phone yakking twit is going to take kindly to being told to get to the back of the line.

"No, I'm not going to the back of the line."
    "I don't care if it is store policy."
    "There should be a sign."
    "So what if there is a sign, I shouldn't have to read signs."
    "I demand my triple half-caf, double cream, low fat mocha latte blend now!"
    "Why is there an extra two dollars on my bill?"
    "I want to see a manager."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      I can just imagine the suck that will ensue when the barristas try and enforce the rule. No self-involved cell-phone yakking twit is going to take kindly to being told to get to the back of the line.

"No, I'm not going to the back of the line."
      "I don't care if it is store policy."
      "There should be a sign."
      "So what if there is a sign, I shouldn't have to read signs."
      "I demand my triple half-caf, double cream, low fat mocha latte blend now!"
      "Why is there an extra two dollars on my bill?"
      "I want to see a manager."
      As with any policy, it really comes down to how willing the staff - especially management - is willing to "be tough" and enforce the new rule.
      Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

This is reminiscent of a policy that my university's Rec Center has. Basically to check out equipment we write down their information and the time it was checked out. When they return it we write down when it was returned. If they decide to be lazy and leave the equipment on the court or where ever for us the employees to find, they get charged a $10 non-return fee.

I call it the lazy fee, and it brings me joy to have people pay for their own ineptude.
        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I demand directions to this coffee-shoppe so I can get some coffee.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I wish EVERY store wold do it. The employees AND the normals customers would be happy. The only pissed off people would be the jerks who slow everything down.

Comment

Please come back and let us know if you actually witness them inforcing said rule.

Seriously, if I lived near this place, I'd totally patronize them EVERYDAY.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post
                A local coffee shop here in the area just imposed a new no cell phone rule. If you go to the counter to order your caffine treat and are either yakking on your phone or texting, you get bumped to the back of the line and have a $2 surcharge added to your total for wasting the baristas time.

Awesome.
                I hope the rule is fair through as you can't help it if it rings while ordering it and it's your son/daughter/brother/sister/mother/father/Bill Gates calling to tell you your house is on fire.

PS. Yes this post is of a silly nature, but I hope you get my point.
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

We used to charge "Asshole Tax" on people at Kinkos, back before FedEx and back when the employees had a lot of control over what people got charged.

What was really funny was when the asshole pissed off more than one person. There would be multiple "taxes and surcharges" tacked onto the bill. And it got worse if they pissed off the cashier as well.

Piss off enough people and your bill could end up pretty out of this world.

Comment

That sounds heavenly. Subway needs this policy right now, but our owner is so spineless he would never do it. He doesn't give a crap about his employees and only cares about making as much money at our expense as possible.

I've daydreamed many times of an "idiot button" on our computers. The closest thing I can get to that is to actually charge the assholes for their extra cheese or bacon they wanted on their sandwiches. Usually if someone is decent I will not charge the extra for double cheese/bacon/larger drink size if they got it, but if you are an asshat, I'll press every extra charge button I can get away with.
                    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Whoever said the shop would lose business is probably mistaken. I myself would LOVE to give my business to a shop that has this rule as I am not the kind of dickwad who talks on my cellphone while at the front of line.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

May their number increase. Maybe Subway will follow suit?

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                          I hope the rule is fair through as you can't help it if it rings while ordering it and it's your son/daughter/brother/sister/mother/father/Bill Gates calling to tell you your house is on fire.
                          If my phone rings while I'm in the line, and I'm not in a hurry, I'll simply step out of the queue and outside the shop, and get back in line once the conversation is over. If I'm in a hurry, I answer, acknowledge the identity of the caller and say I'll call back in a minute / ask them to call back in a minute, once the transaction is over.

It's so simple you have to wonder why most people don' t do that. And the only answer I have is "They don't do that, because it would make SENSE !"
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

[QUOTE=TheTigress;354874]That sounds heavenly. Subway needs this policy right now, but our owner is so spineless he would never do it. He doesn't give a crap about his employees and only cares about making as much money at our expense as possible.

QUOTE]

I worked at subway years ago. I always worked the afternoon shift (including the dinner rush) by myself, so I wasn't willing to screw around. There were numerous times that people would be on the phone when it was their turn to order, I would simply say, "Back of the line please. Next!" Most people gave the 'oh yeah, sorry, no problem' look and went to the back. They often apologized to me when they finally did order. I think only once or twice did someone argue with me, but they looked like they had been dropped on their head a lot as a child. So I dunno, I think it shouldn't be a huge problem. For some reason, people often like the "I'm not taking your shit" attitude...

EDIT for clarification: Of course, that place was god awful and I've repressed a large number of memories from that crap-shack. My boss accused me of stealing several hundred dollars one night when I knew that I had dropped everything in the safe. No one bothered to ask me about it, they just gave me the cold shoulder til I couldn't take it and I asked what the problem was. Then I told them to double check the safe, and the money had just gotten caught in the drop... Assholes.
                            Last edited by NightWatch; 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM. Reason: edit for clarification
                            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                            X