This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Titchyboy View Post
    RDB stares at me for a few moments with those blank, vacant eyes: ......then why are you behind that desk?!
    Me: I'm robbing the place...now bugger off
    RDB: ........your not are you!?
    I did that to an actual customer once who made the mistake of asking if I worked in a place. I'm standing behind the counter in a shirt with the restaurant logo on it.

C: Do you work here?
    Me: Nope. I got a friend in back forcing the owner and his employee to stay quiet and open the safe.
    C: ...Your kidding right?
    Me: Nope. Now I have a gun back here pointing at you. Gimme your money.

By now the guy is starting to panic and the owner (who I was working with) yelled "MAMADRAE!" from the back which made me cackle.

The guy took it all in stride thankfully but knew better then to ask that question when he came in. Least not to me.
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Yorkshire? I'm in the Brighouse area. Anywhere close to you?

Rapscallion
      I'm not that far away Raps. I'm in York.
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

Me: Nope. Now I have a gun back here pointing at you. Gimme your money.
        Wow... those could very well have been the last words uttered from you. Some people will shoot first and not bother with questions at all!
        *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
        *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

I have to agree with STD, the guy must have read "Business Douche Weekly" and read their advice on how to get what you want. Or maybe he got bored on the toilet and read his wife's copy of Good Housekeeping.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Yorkshire? I'm in the Brighouse area. Anywhere close to you?
            I'm in Leeds
            All of these things the worker has done
            From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
            We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
            And always expected to carry the can.

Comment

Quoth Leopardmadcat View Post
              Make certain to call (or stop by) that law firm and inform them of the bozo's "real life skills" and "people skills".
              Somehow I don't think that's really going to be necessary. He's pretty much a walking advert for himself anyway. Just not in the way he was hoping.

If anybody did that slow-talk-as-if-you-are-stupid thing to me on ostensibly coming in for an interview (especially if we weren't hiring at the time, but even if we were), I'd be responding "wellll youuuu didn'ttttt gettttt ittttt. Gettttttttt outttttt!"

Comment

Leeds and York! My word - could have a Tykemeet at some point. I'm actually in Leeds tomorrow night for a farewell meal for a colleague. I've got Saturday off next week and the previously arranged event to attend has been cancelled, though I may have something for that instead... Hmmm.

There's the GTG forum further down. Anyone fancy starting a thread?

Rapscallion

Comment

Ran into the receptionist from the law firm whilst haveing a smoke break this afternoon - Turns out the guy hadn't phoned up for an interview, he just turned up and she said the nearist he came to being qualified was that he was once in court.
                  People like that both confuse and worry me
                  All of these things the worker has done
                  From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
                  We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
                  And always expected to carry the can.

Comment

If it was a slow day I would have taken about 20 minutes to "interview" the guy, but I would have asked lots of nice fake questions. I would have asked if he had any experience with TPS reports and ISO 9000 auditing. At the very end, make him recite the opening monologue from each Law & Order series (original, SVU, CI, AND Trial by Jury).

Comment

Working...
                    X