This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    It WASN'T your fault, despite what some people are saying here.

You tried to do a nice thing and it came back and bit you on the ass, as attempting to do nice things for SC's will always do.

Not YOUR fault, HIS.

Now you'll know next time that you can't cut someone a break in a situation like this because 90 percent of the time, you'll live to regret it. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

There's a reason that old saying 'No good deed goes unpunished' is a considered a cliche'. It's because it's TRUE.

Sorry that happened to you.
    It's nice to see that someone agrees with me. Elysia, you did nothing wrong, he was just a jerk. Please, keep being nice, it makes life much more pleasant for the rest of us. NOTE: Being nice does not necessarily mean taking people's shit. Stand up for yourself, but don't stop being generous.
    "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
    Or my Webcomic!

Comment

There's a reason that old saying 'No good deed goes unpunished' is a considered a cliche'. It's because it's TRUE.

Sorry that happened to you.
      I think it's admirable to go above and beyond. You have to protect yourself though. The way I've found to deal with stuff like this is to inform my coworkers about individuals that may try to take advantage again. Then everyone is prepared and when he comes in late the next night your coworker can say, "you were clearly told that we close at 6 and we won't make any additional exceptions. Please come back during working hours."

I know it sounds a little harsh, but it's the only way I've found to successfully deal with situations like this. It still allows you to do favors and prevents being taken advantage of repeatedly (most of the time).
      "Any free samples?"
      "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
        Give a man a fish and he will not be hungry for a day
        Teach a man to fish and he will not go hungry for the rest of his life
        light a man a fire and he will be warm for a day....

On another forum, someone's sig is a version with the third line "Teach a man to learn and he won't always eat fish."

Comment

Quoth Bank Lady View Post
          I think it's admirable to go above and beyond. You have to protect yourself though. The way I've found to deal with stuff like this is to inform my coworkers about individuals that may try to take advantage again. Then everyone is prepared and when he comes in late the next night your coworker can say, "you were clearly told that we close at 6 and we won't make any additional exceptions. Please come back during working hours."

I know it sounds a little harsh, but it's the only way I've found to successfully deal with situations like this. It still allows you to do favors and prevents being taken advantage of repeatedly (most of the time).
          I'd say probably at least half the time I've made an exception for a customer and said something to that effect, they tried it again anyway. Depending on how spineless one's particular management is, it can be a precarious line to walk. If you make an exception and have strong management to back you up and say 'hey, you were told yesterday not to try it again', then I think it's great to try to make an exceptions.

Unfortunately in this case, the SC was already displaying some SC tendencies before she did him the favor. I've learned to read those signs and react accordingly. LOL

Nowadays, the only time I even *consider* making an exception is when a customer is being kind, apologetic and asking nicely. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes not.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'd say probably at least half the time I've made an exception for a customer and said something to that effect, they tried it again anyway. Depending on how spineless one's particular management is, it can be a precarious line to walk. If you make an exception and have strong management to back you up and say 'hey, you were told yesterday not to try it again', then I think it's great to try to make an exceptions.

Unfortunately in this case, the SC was already displaying some SC tendencies before she did him the favor. I've learned to read those signs and react accordingly. LOL

Nowadays, the only time I even *consider* making an exception is when a customer is being kind, apologetic and asking nicely. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes not.
            I agree. Strong management is definitely a must for stuff like this to work.
            "Any free samples?"
            "Sorry, not today."

Come on people, we're a bank not a bakery.

Comment

I don't believe in going above and beyond for any customer cause frankly, they always pull the whole "they did it for me before" shiite even if it is against company policy. If its a harmless thing that won't get you fired, that's fine but if its against company policy, i believe in NO the first time. I got so much crap for cashing people's checks (whose name is not on the check) and they always come back to another rep stating, "oh but she cashed my check before" and I get in trouble. So frankly, customers do not give a crap about WOW experiences with a rep, all they care about is getting what they want not caring about the reprecussions that the rep will face later on.

Not to mention, customers are not grateful for anything we do for them.

Comment

Working...
              X