Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First SC in advertising.......(ranty and long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SC in advertising.......(ranty and long)

I'm sure it won't be the last!
    Ok HI I'm long time lurker, first time poster. I work in media in advertising, which means I buy the space on TV, or in the paper to place the actual ad in. I DO NOT make the ads. I have just moved into this new job where I'm a buyer and we do some out sourcing work for a creative company. So we buy for their clients and they place the ad. This is ok cause i don't deal with the client! They want to do some Trade Magazine advertising and today this ensued.

K: ME
    SW: Sucky Woman who I kinda see her point but grrrr!!
    J: Co-worker in finance who has dealt with this before
    thoughts Italics

K: J I need to book *publication* and SW is saying I have to pay up front

J: Thats crap! SW is a pain and the reason we had issues last time was because Zippy(ex account mng for client) left and she didn't run the material in the publication. Tell her we have secured the money and we will pay it on sight of publication with our ad in it.

Kk.......

Rings SW takes a big sigh with argument all ready.

K: Hi SW. I have been speaking with our finance people and unfortunately we can not agree to pre payment as our finance is not set up like this.

SW: After our last encounter with your client we can not wait 4months for payment like we did last time.

K: sigh......here we go! Last time there were a few issues, due to the fact the manager had left and the page did not run in the publication. It was said we would not have to pay for the insertion and yet we still did. Unfortunately this process was enlongated by the fact the person who had organised with you this 'free' insertion as compensation had left and you were contradicting every email we had on this and making the process difficult

SW: I understand that this was the case but you now have a bad credit rating with us. and YOU need to work on regaining this with me.

WTF? you just essentially said itspartly my fault but you're going to have to do what I say! I get it was an issue with no payment but you probably didn't help the situation.

K:I can ensure you SW that we have secured the payment from the client already, however with our system set up the way it is we can not release this until we have proof of the advertisement running.

SW: Sorry then you can't place the booking.

WTF? you're willing to lose money over this crap? Even though you stuffed up last time the client is still willing to use you....don't bite the hand lady.....

K: Can I place you on hold for a moment?
    SW: Sure
    *puts on hold

K: J, SW is being a pain and not budging on this.
    J: Sigh.....give me sometime we'll try to work it out.
    K: SW I will call you back once I've checked a few more things out with my finance.

Later in the day......
    J: Lets just pre-pay...we can deal with loading it into our system here, we will just have to make a LARGE note so we know when we run our invoices. God SW is a pain....stupid woman!!

And this is how Kiarna had to let the Sucky Woman get away with it. Like I get the issue but it wasn't entirely our fault last time.

Grrrr.....still didn't want to give into her.
    Last edited by Kiarna; 06-19-2008, 02:03 AM.
    every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

I can't imagine how empty that SC's head is. Oh and Welcome!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah.
      Apparently the issues were sooooo bad last time everyone cringes when the client wants to use them for more advertising.
      every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Welcome here, and whoa ! My Suck-o-Meter just went through the roof !

She admitted she / her company fucked up and yet you have bad credit history, when you paid for something they agreed to give you for free ? It's almost as bad as the scammer who explained how he pulled the same scam on some one else... Ugh...

Brain... hurts... Need... booze...
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Kiarna View Post
          I'm sure it won't be the last!
          Hehehe, course not! The world hasn't ended quite yet

Comment

Yeah my work gave in to her the first tim ebecause they didn't want to drag out the process and she wasn't budging.

There were scattered emails and the like around, but considering the guy left the company, the account was pretty much in a mess.

So I the new girl of course get this one!!
            Thanks for the support guys!

Comment

You need a clue bat! Hit her with the bat until she gets a clue! And yay you finally stopped lurking!

Comment

Working...
              X