This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh*

Because my mom and grandmother had such a hard time getting thier things together for 'really big craft show' I graciously offered my weekends for the year to help them sort through and organize thier inventory.

Yeah I know.

So in early February I texted my mom and asked her what day she'd like me to come over and start digging through stuff.

Her reply?

"Oh we don't have time for that right now. (Grandmother) hasn't done her taxes since 2008 and we're digging through all her paperwork. You can come over and help with that if you want."

So I gave it a couple of weeks, and texted her again to check up on things.

"Well it's just too stressful digging through all these papers. We're going on a cruise instead!"

And today I got a text from her "Call me when you get a chance"
    Of course I don't want to call her because I've been feeling like planning my own funeral all day.
    She called me back a few minutes ago. Apparently they just got back from thier cruise and want to come visit tomorrow.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

WTF??? *huge hugs* Tell them that you're contagious and that you don't feel like sharing. Don't go help them with the tax paperwork, they'll try to blame you for their own screwups and you have much better things to do with your time. Get better soon!
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Oh I don't plan on helping them. It's thier own fault for not doing taxes.

Just makes me glad that I have my own business and I'm not tangled up with thiers.

I do wonder on what planet "hey let's take a cruise!" is the proper response to "The IRS is going to eat me alive!"

Comment

Our mothers planet! Mine hadn't done her taxes since '08 either and disappeared the paperwork for my dad's taxes, then decided to go visiting people through out our state because it's all too hard. She hadn't even sorted out the stuff for wrapping up her business either! They must be related or something
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I think the best part is she says I'm "weird" because I file all my taxes on time, and know exactly what inventory I have and where.

Comment

Weird people always think it's everybody ELSE that's weird...
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

It's my nature to be like your mom, to bury my head in the sand when I'm overwhelmed. But I'm slowly learning to deal with things I don't want to, and the harder things get for me (as they seem to do as one gets older), the stronger I become. But yeah, life's difficulties are hard for me to face. It's something in my mental makeup. Funny, though, that while everyday life can freak me out, I'm so calm and under control in an emergency, like a gun robbery.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She called at 11:30 and said she wanted to go to lunch today.

She doesn't actually show up at my house until 1:30, so now my kids are cranky.

And talking to her and my gma - she hasn't even started on the taxes. Apparently she's just hoping it will all just blow over.

Thank god I have a beer in the fridge. Imma gonna need it.

Edit: Oh my gosh I can't believe I forgot....

They also bought a timeshare.
                Last edited by Kanalah; 03-23-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Wow..that is not good. I must be 'weird' also..the second I get my last piece I need to file..I am in the tax office THAT day.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Wow that is frightening. I would like to know what color the sky is in her world.

I will send more beer your way. And sweets And more beer
                    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

What is wrong with these two? Do they just enjoy tossing money away? Cause I'll take some.

Comment

Really starting to think we're related, Kana.

One of my relatives, when given FEMA relief money to rebuild her home after Katrina....went on a cruise instead. And whinged when she didn't have money to even rent a place when she got back.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Well this is my grandmother - the same lady who gave my uncle $500/week to "encourage" him to get a job. And then got our her checkbook everytime he came over. And bought him a new truck and trailer. And gave him her house.

I swear my life is an episode of Dr. Phil. Only they think *I'm* the one who needs therapy.

Comment

I like filing taxes. If not for keeping the IRS off my back, for those nice little refunds they give. Some money is better then nothing. Yeah?
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

http://www.plognark.com/Art/Sketches...piditburns.jpg

I don't think there's much else I can say to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X