This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kitchen Nightmares Fan

After the advice of several people in the CS chat yesterday, finally decided to try and watch the show. Turns out, hubby's been watching it at work for the past couple months, so he was all excited to introduce me to it.

I'd never heard of Gordon Ramsey before, honestly thought it was the same guy from Doorknock Dinners yeaaars ago, but I see that he's a rather foul-mouthed dude and not the lovable guy from the other show.

Anyways, watched the episode with Peter's last night, and WOW. Loved it, even if I was cringing because it was like watching vids of my family reunion.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

You can go to www.fox.com and watch nearly 4 whole seasons of it.

Not that I do that or anything.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
      You can go to www.fox.com and watch nearly 4 whole seasons of it.

Not that I do that or anything.
      Anyone who believes that can send me all their unmarked currency care of GotCher$$$.scam.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*giggles*

I just like to have something running in the background while I work.

Used to be hoarders but then I starting throwing everything away.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Personally I prefer the UK ones more than the fox produced ones. They show Ramsey as a man who's passionate about cooking and wants to see people succeed. The fox ones show him as a bile filled hateful man.

Sure, seeing him have a yelling fit is fun in the short term, but seeing him genuinely excited about helping a restaurant be successful is far more entertaining in my opinion.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hulu.com has quite a few of the shows up.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Sure, seeing him have a yelling fit is fun in the short term, but seeing him genuinely excited about helping a restaurant be successful is far more entertaining in my opinion.
              You see the same difference between the US and UK Hell's Kitchen series.

I discovered Gordon Ramsay about a year ago and his shows are the only cooking related shows I'll watch.

Comment

Speaking of the UK Hell's Kitchen series, where can one find those online? I've been looking for ages, and I'm pretty darn sure that Hulu doesn't have it!

Edit: *foot in mouth* Netflix has 'em!
                My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Yarr, we're watching the US version via Hulu. The UK one is a bit difficult for us to understand half the time. I mean, just from the one clip I saw, they were getting so heated I couldn't figure out what they were saying at ALL.

Comment

But that's half the fun!

I like the UK show because they don't edit out him being nice. Or do the whole "individual interview" thing that's prevalent on reality TV anymore here.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Gordon Ramsey targets his f-bombs for effect.
                      ludo ergo sum

Comment

I love that show, and I was also turned onto it in the chat.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Yarr, we're watching the US version via Hulu. The UK one is a bit difficult for us to understand half the time. I mean, just from the one clip I saw, they were getting so heated I couldn't figure out what they were saying at ALL.
                          If possible, look out for 2 KN:UK episodes; one is featuring an American lady trying to run a "soul food" restaurant in London, and another featuring a special snowflake who got a restaurant in Paris as a present from her rich daddy. Both episodes should be easy to decipher re: language, and very epic indeed.
                          Last edited by NorthernZel; 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM.
                          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                            an American lady trying to run a "soul food" restaurant in London
                            Mama Cheri's Soul Shack! I loved that episode!
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
                              If possible, look out for 2 KN:UK episodes; one is featuring an American lady trying to run a "soul food" restaurant in London, and another featuring a special snowflake who got a restaurant in Paris as a present from her rich daddy. Both episodes should be easy to decipher re: language, and very epic indeed.
                              We still will be watching the Uk episodes, I just wanna see if I can find them subtitled someplace for my brain's ease. If not, oh well! XD

Comment

Working...
                              X