Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the same people who can't manage an 11 AM (or whenever it happens to be) check out time either.

Comment

I'm going to take the position of the devil's advocate here.

I've been on road trips before, was in a vehicle with no air conditioning, and walked into the hotel earlier than anticipated and with my clothes gummily adhered to my body. I'd had no idea I would want an early check-in prior to arrival, and was cranky when I'd found out nothing was cleaned yet.

I didn't threaten to complain to management; I don't *think* I raised my voice any, but I was definitely cranky.

For those of us who've already had a Day, my apologies for providing you with any stress, but please be understanding and don't take it personally.

Comment

I've asked for realllllly early check in. I asked nicely, explained we were going to an event on the train and could also check in when we came back at 2am that night. They usually had an empty room and gave it to us. Cheap motel in NJ, not usually 100% full. I was rude, but I thought I'd ask.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
          I've asked for realllllly early check in. I asked nicely, explained we were going to an event on the train and could also check in when we came back at 2am that night. They usually had an empty room and gave it to us. Cheap motel in NJ, not usually 100% full. I was rude, but I thought I'd ask.
          Asking is fine. We LOVE people who ask nicely. I'll even ask Housekeeping to do the room type you need first if you're nice to me. The people we have issues with are the people who march up HOURS before checkin time and announce that they're checking in, then act like it's a personal affront that housekeeping actually needs time to work.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I had the opposite problem (as a customer) a few months back. When I made the reservation, I told the person on the phone that I was going to be checking in late. Really late. Like, ETA 2 am.

They no-showed me when I hadn't arrived by... well, whatever time they do such things, but hours before I arrived. It didn't help that I was 4 hours later than I planned (yes, I arrived at 6 am). I was a little peeved; I had just driven from Desert Hell to Little House on the Prairie, overnight. I was freaking exhausted.

I'm happy to say I didn't raise my voice. I just said to the girl behind the counter something along the lines of, "So the fact that I told the reservation agent that I would be checking in hours late means nothing?" She was understanding and, since they weren't anywhere near full, had a room for me. She also told me I could ignore the normal checkout time (10 am), as long as I was out by the time her shift was over (3 pm). I could've kissed her. Instead of less than 4 hours of sleep, I got almost 8.
            Last edited by Deserted; 07-26-2016, 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling fix
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Yes, asking is fine...demanding/expecting it is not. Lots of people think we won't give out rooms early because we're mean, but actually it's because we can't. Either the room isn't available or the manager told us not to for whatever reason. Me, I'm a slave to my manager, simply because she's the one who signs my paycheck! So manager > customer to me.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

And these assholes demanding to be let into their room early would then complain about the dirty sheets and lack of fresh towels in the bathroom.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                  Then they whine about how long they've been driving, what time they got up, they have kids with them (none of which is my fault)
                  I can say that family trips weren't always fun, but we were always LATE and not having a good time. If we managed to be early, we'd be doing a happy dance because being early usually means nobody forgot anything, there wasn't terrible traffic, no one got car sick, etc, etc. I guess to me, early = good even if it was a long drive.

Plus, checkout/check in times are pretty standard within a couple hours or so. That's like screaming at traffic at 5:30 PM in a big city. There is always traffic at that time, the traffic doesn't care how tired or how horrible your day was. It's not doing anything on purpose. But we've ended up with a society of self-centered douche bags, otherwise this site wouldn't exist.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The little red guy in my head is getting a workout today. I know it's wrong but I just want to punch that smug look off their stupid faces when someone sashays up and announces they're checking in when it's not checkin time yet. Fortunately I can do something else that's far more evil and won't endanger my employment. I put them on the 4th floor. Enjoy smelling weed your whole stay assholes.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                    X