Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it doesn't have a half eaten apple on the back...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it doesn't have a half eaten apple on the back...

IT'S NOT AN IPAD. Stop calling every tablet an ipad. Stop coming up to me and asking me to look at your ipad and pulling out a Samsung Tablet.

This message has been brought to you by your local insane retail associate.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Quoth gremcint View Post
    IT'S NOT AN IPAD. Stop calling every tablet an ipad. Stop coming up to me and asking me to look at your ipad and pulling out a Samsung Tablet.
    And thus another trademark starts on the long road of becoming another generic description.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think there was an entry on one of the "Computer Stupidities" pages where a customer used "Pentium" as though it simply meant "CPU". So he would talk about "486 Pentiums" and "AMD Pentiums"...

Comment

I had to bite my tongue recently at a lunch with my girlfriend's family. One relative came in with two Motorola tablets and a Sony Experion phone that he'd just been given. He'd just come from a job at a store that had been robbed a while back, they'd gotten all their merchandise replaced under insurance, then the police caught the thief and returned the stolen property. Since they couldn't sell it, and it was going to have to be recycled, he wsa giving it away to various people.

Anyway, I had to listen to this guy keep referring to them as a "Sony iPhone" and "Motorola iPads".

So irritating.

Comment

And the true reason it's half-eaten?

Some poor soul found the half-worm in it!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

what I used to get was the opposite where people would ask me what the difference was between an ipad and a tablet.

Comment

And the look of confusion when they're told an iPad IS a tablet...

Same back in the day with MP3 players and iPods

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                what I used to get was the opposite where people would ask me what the difference was between an ipad and a tablet.
                I get that all the time from customers

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  And the true reason it's half-eaten?

Some poor soul found the half-worm in it!
                  But there wouldn't be a "worm" in an Apple. After all (so say the Mac enthusiasts), malware developers don't write their stuff for Apple products.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    But there wouldn't be a "worm" in an Apple. After all (so say the Mac enthusiasts), malware developers don't write their stuff for Apple products.
                    That's because malware developers, depending on their warez, tend to go after the largest market. Much of the financial world is heavily dependent on PC-based machines. Every now and then though, there have been some bugs that will infect Apple-based hardware.

But seriously, I do have a feeling that it won't be long before iPad is just another generic description. Much like "Winnebago" is sometimes used to mean "RV."
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

the thing is though we sell way more ipads than the other tablets, samsung is catching up but having 4 different product lines at one time is not helping them. the ipad is simple, size/storage new/old is all you gotta worry about. samsung tablets there are differences even between the the different basic tabs for power and storage and the other manufacturers sometimes don't even seem interested in playing anymore there are around 10 different samsung tablets we have for sale at any one time but 7 total among the other brands

Comment

Eh? There's... the Galaxy Tab and the Galaxy Note lines. Sure that's double the number of ipad lines, but the Note is usually sold as a large phone rather than a tablet.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Galaxy Pro, Galaxy Tab S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab Lite. Now the Pros have been discontinued but there was overlap.

Comment

Let's not forget "bandaid"...

I had no idea about aspirin though.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                              I had no idea about aspirin though.
                              Same thing with another pain reliever introduced by Bayer pharmaceuticals, but (to the best of my knowledge) no longer sold by them - heroin.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X