This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembrance of friends past

I've been chatting with the partner of my dear friend who left us at the beginning of this month. I'm finding out how much I didn't know about her - her state of mind, for one.

It seems that one of the things bothering her was the deaths of so many loved ones. I read that sentence, and a voice inside cried out, What about ME? What about all the loved ones who have left MY life?

I wanted to talk to her about it, because she understood, and now I can't talk to her about it. She experienced a truly hellish childhood, and I knew I could talk to her about anything and it wouldn't throw her for a loop, because she'd been through so much.

I wonder if I'll meet other friends who mean as much to me as the ones gone before. Not the same - never the same - but still important.

I think you will. There are nice people in the world. The really good ones are rare, but they're out there.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was able to chat with her partner last night, who filled me in on a few details. Basically, things were far worse for my friend than even I had imagined, and I do know a bit about her history. She kept a lot to herself, and as much as she loved her partner, she didn't share quite a few things. She had called suicide hotlines before, but this time - she didn't.

Comment

Working...
      X