This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes

...It's been a little over a year since I last saw good ol' Aunt Flo. So...that's that, I guess.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. I never wanted kids, so that's OK. And while I joke about feeling old...hell, I joke about being old....inside I still feel like there are so many things I don't know, and I guess I thought I'd have all the answers by now.

My sister asked me if I wanted a *croning. I said hell, no. Crones are supposed to be wise. I don't think being a wise-ass counts.

It does make me a little depressed to think I really am getting old. If nothing else, society places no honor on age. We live in a youth-centered era. Women, especially, are valued less and less the older they get. Most men who are looking for a girlfriend actively seek women younger than they are...and get them; while a woman with a younger boyfriend gets criticized and called nasty names. I'm not interested in marriage, but a date now and then would be nice. I'm not ready for the rocking chair!

I'm trying to look on this as the next adventure. I certainly won't miss the cramps, or the expense of having to keep all those "hygiene" products around. Might as well make the best of it, 'cause Mother Nature's already had her say.

*Croning is a pagan rite acknowledging a woman's entrance into the third stage of womanhood (maiden, mother, crone).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.
Working...
X