Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC's who think you're accusing them of stealing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tale from my mothers job.

Today, I was helping her out, by cleaning the grounds. While I was inside, doing something for her, on the computer. A woman came in. Now, my mom works for a Self Storage company. They are always asking me to help out with something. Now when the woman came in( She only pays $20-$50 once every 2-3 months). She has a total of $995, that still needs to pay. Ofcourse, that woman is stealing from the company, basically free storage. So ofcourse I got to witness it

M - my mom
    SC - Bitch
    ME: Myself

SC: I cannot get into the gate.
    M: What is the name on the unit?
    SC: Ima Bitch
    M: The reason you cannot get through the gate, is because you haven't paid anything in nearly 3 months.
    SC: So, can I pay $30, and I can get in?
    M: No, you must pay the total in full, or it will be sent to Auction, which is on Augest 1st.
    SC: Give me the owners number
    M: No, he does not want his number given out
    SC: Give me the managers number
    M: He is on sick leave, right now. He is not going to call
    SC: So you are willing to lose a customer?
    M: Only the ones that does not pay
    SC: I am taking this company to court
    M: You have signed a Legal Binding contract, which states, that you will pay for the services that we provide.
    ME:
    Sc: Turns Red, and leaves
    M:
    ME:

My mom impressed me today. I never really new, what kinds of customers she has.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth cinnamaniac View Post
      one special little snowflake used all three and included a nice "You should know who your trusted customers are." and then demanded to SEE the new policy in writing.
      To be fair, if the policy was changed like that, it would be nice to have signs at every register. (If for no other reason, so you can point to it when people demand to see it in writing.)
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        To be fair, if the policy was changed like that, it would be nice to have signs at every register. (If for no other reason, so you can point to it when people demand to see it in writing.)
        We change policies all that time at my bank and sometimes without even our
        ( Tellers, personal bankers) knowledge of it!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          True, but that would make sense, and...well.....you know.....
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
            They can't be bothered to read no stinkin' signs.

Someone had to say it
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
              I got so fed up with people saying "It's the Law" that I went out and bought hard copies of all relevant law for retail. Then if someone mouthed off about the law I would give them copies of the legislation and ask them to show me where it said whatever they thought it said.

I win!

Every time!
              Now THAT is a stroke of genius. Good going.
              For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
              -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                Yeah, but I think I was beaten to it...

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                They can't be bothered to read no stinkin' signs.

Someone had to say it
                You forgot the ™, ®, and © though. Neener
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My state has a law that if a customer sees an item for a certain price, the store has to give the item to the customer for that price. This is not a good idea, as anyone who has worked in retail can tell you. Usually, it only gets caught on items where the sale has expired, but we missed pulling the sale tag off the shelf. However, other stores like Wal-mart are probably subject to much more heinous price rearranging, and given the understaffed, overworked employees, no one is really going to catch you.

I tried, pretty weakly, to get an item for a lot less then it was priced at. To be fair, the item did not have a shelf tag, so I *should* have gotten it for what I saw it for according to stated law above, but that would have involved me throwing a hissy fit and becoming an SC, and thanks but no thanks, I could have gotten the item at a similar price online. So, after talking nicely with a manager (who I'm sure knew what I was up to, lol) I gave up, and left the item. I finished my transaction, and went on my merry little way.

Kind of scary to think how easy it is to get these items for cheap, but how much you have to ruin someone's day to do it.

*Edit* Yeah, the item did not have a shelf tag. I looked for 5 minutes, then had an associate look, then the manager looked. It really wasn't there. But I moved the item before anyone saw what price I claimed it was at, which was kind of stupid of me. And the manager did offer to give me some money off, but I still could have gotten it cheaper online. I just didn't really want to wait if I could get it for the same price in store, but alas, no dice.*Edit*
                  Last edited by Shabo; 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

Working...
                  X