Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those people need to take care of themselves!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those people need to take care of themselves!

June is Prostate Cancer Awareness month or whatever and we are required to ask every customer if they would like to donate. I hate asking, but anyways, this is a "conversation" I had with a cranky crotchety old lady.

CCOL = Cranky Crotchety Old Lady
    Me = Me!

Me: Alrighty, your total is $12.74. Would you like to make a donation to prostate cancer research today?

CCOL: (snaps) No! Those people can take care of themselves!

Me: (smiling) Ok then. Would you like help out with your groceries today?

CCOL: (snaps)Yes!

I couldnt beleive it! I wanted to laugh! Really what I wanted to say was "Sorry lady, you need to take care of yourself!"
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Those people = Men?

I hope for her sake that her family does not have the same attitude. Breast cancer? Sorry to hear that Granny, but you'll just have to take care of yourself.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

get off the couch, ya lazy bums!

Maybe she heard 'prostrate' and believed the people should work for their money.
      HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Sounds like just a grouchy old hag to me.

K-Fart is a big contributor to the March of Dimes, so for several months we had to ask every customer if they wanted to make a donation to the March of Dimes. I hate doing this, but we would get in trouble if we didn't. I asked one old fart if he wanted to donate $1 and he said, "What will they do for me???! Will they be giving ME any donations? I don't think so!" I was so mad. The March of Dimes funds medical expenses for premature babies, you old asswipe.
        My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Grrrr.....

Jeez people..It's a stinkin' BUCK to help someone...Some day you may need that associations help.

And the karmic wheel slowly turns
          "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

My boss has prostate cancer, kidney cancer, and lung cancer. It's pretty bad, but if it weren't for the treatments doing a number on him, you'd never know he had anything. The doctors have said the same thing. The only time it's even shown up was when he had a lung cavity filling with fluid, and I think that was also because of the treatments and not the cancer itself.

The worst part about prostate cancer is that it's fairly easy to catch early, and when it's caught early, it's fairly easy to treat and beat. But a lot of guys get all tweaked out about doctors checking that they live in denial of the idea that they could even possibly get it. My boss is over 60 and never had a check.

For reasons that belong on fratching, I refuse to have anything to do with cancer "reasearch." But I just politely decline. No need to be a bitch about it to some hapless clerk that doesn't really want to be asking me in the first place.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
              Grrrr.....

Jeez people..It's a stinkin' BUCK to help someone...Some day you may need that associations help.
              I know! How cheap can you get? Anyway, maybe that stupid woman WILL end up needing help from some association like that and guess what? They can't find a cure because not enough people donated a BUCK.
              For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
              -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

I have a history of cancer in my family. Breast, Ovarian, Lung, Mouth, Brain. I will contribute whereever possible to cancer foundations - I'm even thinking of doing the shavathon next year and getting my head shaved. That should be interesting.
                How would the old lady like it if she fell and broke her hip? Should she help herself then? After all, you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you...
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I used to work at a pet store that had 6 different promotions every year. I think their best idea was the "round-up" idea, where the people had an option to donate the change (usually less than $1) to help our cause. I think that one went to local shelters. Anyway, lots of people did that, and even though less money was donated each time, there were more people donating. I had a lot of people get snappy with me over that one until I explained it better. For example, total would be $4.82. They hand me a $20. I ask if they want to donate their change. They would think I meant the entire $15.18. I would have to finish explaining, since they always cut me off, that it was rounded up to the nearest dollar. Overall, though, our store did really well in getting donations. We were usually one of the highest in the region. One Christmas we wiped the floor with the competition! It was a good feeling.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

Those concepts where you "round up" for donations or savings are great. Most people will never miss those partial dollars much, and some people like not carrying the change around.

On the cancer front... we could probably wipe out cancer tomorrow... if we completely stopped eating processed foods. Fat chance of that happening. *takes another drink of her Dr Pepper*

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's terrible. She expects people who get a condition like this, one that most likely is going to kill them sooner or later, to take care of themselves? And yet, she expects to be waited on hand and foot to take out her freaking groceries?

What does this old bag say about children that have muscular dystrophy, or children with leukemia? What's going to happen to her when one day she happens to get one of these life threatening diseases?

Comment

Working...
                      X