Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC's who think you're accusing them of stealing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's who think you're accusing them of stealing!

Ever had an SC say that to you when you are asking security questions or favors? I get childish questions like "do you think I'm lying?" when the SC tells you the price from the associate even though I'd rather hear it from a Co-worker.

Checking in bins and asking for ID from an unsigned Credit card gets this lousy response "Why do you think we are like crooks when whe shop here, this is ridiculous?" well how bout', we can't identify a shoplifter by how he looks OMG people aren't that stupid they try to hide it!!

Stopping a person with an unpaid item going to the washroom and us telling you not to do that shouldn't get you to be upset because OMG, you take the wrapping out, leave the box/container in there, put the item in your pocket and be out the door scott free!!

Someone opens a box of snacks without paying and tearing out the UPC so you can't scan it drives me up the wall! The SC gets butterflies in their stomach and becomes irate while you find another product with the barcode. YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE, YOU RIPPED OFF THE UPC THAT REQUIRES AN APOLOGY INSTEAD OF GETTING PISSED OFF!!

The lady at the till with the oxygen tank expects me to believe she has the card she wants that is in the envelope that written on and sealed while carrying the other card for me to scan. Lady gets pissed off because she thinks I'm accusing her of stealing

Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Oh yeah. I get those people too. When the customer says something rings up wrong and there's a significant price difference (over 30%) we HAVE to call the department and get them to do a price check - otherwise the service desk associate will NOT override it for us. The customer yells, "It's supposed to be $xx.xx!!!! There was a SIGN back there so I know I'm right!!!!" And when you tell them you're sorry but you have to check on it first to see why it's ringing up a different price, they huff and puff and get mad because we don't just automatically change the price to whatever they say it is.

"Sure Ma'am, we'll override that $200 DVD player to $10 like you asked! Since you said it should only be $10 you MUST be right!"
    ------
    Oh.. speaking of SC's stealing.. I have a story for you. One day I was working checkouts and I was the only cashier open because it was still early in the morning, around 9-10 A.M. this lady comes up with several items. One of them was a bra. Upon closer inspection of said bra, I realize that it is not a new bra from our store but it is an ancient, ratty bra that looks like it has been washed a million times. I instantly knew what the lady had done. She had went into the fitting room with the new bra, put it on, and put her old, gross bra on the hanger.

K-Fart is too cheap to schedule people to be fitting room attendants so at the time, they were leaving their fitting rooms unlocked. That's how she did it without anyone noticing. Now, at the time, we had just lost our loss prevention manager (she got fired for some unknown reason). And I KNEW that if I called a manager, they would not be able to prove it. What are they going to do? They can't touch a customer - the most they can do is ask someone to shake their clothing out - and trust me, she was a rather.. *ahem* large lady and that bra WAS absolutely NOT going to fall off her!

So I just said.. "Ma'am.. I think SOMEONE put an old bra on this new bra hanger." And she says, "OH! Let me go back and get another one!" And I let her go. I never told any of my managers. I did not want to fucking deal with a big situation over 2 $7.00 bras.

Plus (I AM NOT being racist here!) she was African-American and I was afraid she might pull the "race card" out because I am white, even though that had absolutely nothing to do with it.
    -----
    .. I have witnessed many customers set off our door sensors and we have had to let them go because we could not figure out why they were setting the doors off. We cannot touch customers or look through their purses. I had one woman set them off, and she only had 2 small bags.. she went through my checkout lane and I knew she had nothing that should set the doors off. I walked through the doors with her bags in my hand and they didn't go off.. so it was something on HER that was doing it. She had a baby in a seat in the buggy with her, and I think she may have stuck merchandise underneath the baby.. but like I said we cannot touch customers so we just sent her on her merry way.

I don't think our LP guy can do anything to customers unless he actually witnesses with his own eyes someone shoving unpaid merchandise into their clothing/purse and they try to go out the door with it.
    Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 06-15-2007, 11:30 PM.
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
      #1 significant price difference (over 30%)

#2 "Ma'am.. I think SOMEONE put an old bra on this new bra hanger." And she says, "OH! Let me go back and get another one!" And I let her go. I never told any of my managers. I did not want to fucking deal with a big situation over 2 $7.00 bras.

-----
      #3 She had a baby in a seat in the buggy with her, and I think she may have stuck merchandise underneath the baby.. but like I said we cannot touch customers so we just sent her on her merry way.
      Cool stories I have some points to discuss!

#1: That's an awesome policy so if the item is less than 30% you're not allowed to override it or am I just misunderstanding?

#2: Sh!t, she left after saying that she'll get another one. crap lol and there was nothing you could really do huh?, that's a bummer. When I was new at my job I let a woman out with unpaid fish and other merchandise that she had was left in the store (I forgot the reason why I didn't forget to scan it) but what a relief she did come back and paid for the fish!

#3: It's hard when you have situations like that and no Loss prevention in your sight, I would've been something if you were positive that she had it!

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
        #1: That's an awesome policy so if the item is less than 30% you're not allowed to override it or am I just misunderstanding?

#2: Sh!t, she left after saying that she'll get another one. crap lol and there was nothing you could really do huh?, that's a bummer. When I was new at my job I let a woman out with unpaid fish and other merchandise that she had was left in the store (I forgot the reason why I didn't forget to scan it) but what a relief she did come back and paid for the fish!

#3: It's hard when you have situations like that and no Loss prevention in your sight, I would've been something if you were positive that she had it!
        If you try to override the price on an item for more than 30-40% OFF the price it is ringing up for at the register, the register will not allow you to do it without getting a supervisor's override. And no service desk associate will use their override code to do a price override for you unless you already checked on the price and it was indeed wrong.

We have something at K-Fart called "Power to Please" where if a customer brings something up, they say it rang up wrong and it's only a small $1-$2 price difference we can override it for them without a supervisor's code, which saves some headaches for sure.

Haha, that reminds me.. I heard about a lady who brought up a $70 rug that was only ringing up for $3. Luckily the cashier noticed that it wasn't right and I guess my co-worker that was working service desk and the customer had it out (verbally). The customer said it was the LAW that K HAD to give her the $70 rug for $3. Uhm, sorry, the store gets to decide how much they charge for items! People are so frickin' dumb, I tell you. The lady was probably a damn ticket switcher anyway.

I had one young woman come through my line. She had an item that was ticketed for a little less than it was ringing up for. I don't think the ticket had been switched or anything, merely a pricing error. So I fixed it at the register for her. She said, "Hey, don't bother, I'll just take it up to service after I pay for it so I can get the price error bounty for it." I told her, "No, it's already been taken care of here at the register!" For those not familiar, the state I live in has a price ticketing law that if a customer buys an item and then sees it rang up for more than the price ticket on the item, the store has to pay that customer 5x the amount they over-paid (if they were charged .20 cents more, they would get $1.00 back) - the max amount you can get back is $5.00. So this girl was trying to commit FRAUD!

Yeah.. maybe I should have done something.. I don't know. I hate to see things like that go unpunished, but I knew that if I called up my manager nothing would be done, besides the woman freaking out on us. I've just gotten to a point at my job where I frankly don't give a shit anymore.
        Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 06-16-2007, 12:26 AM.
        My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Haha, that reminds me.. I heard about a lady who brought up a $70 rug that was only ringing up for $3. Luckily the cashier noticed that it wasn't right and I guess my co-worker that was working service desk and the customer had it out (verbally). The customer said it was the LAW that K HAD to give her the $70 rug for $3. Uhm, sorry, the store gets to decide how much they charge for items! People are so frickin' dumb, I tell you. The lady was probably a damn ticket switcher anyway.

hahaha the law. If the UPC says the same price as the sku then that should be the price lol dumbtard!

Comment

I think people forget that large retail stores are still private companies that can throw you out of the store and charge whatever they please for their merchandise. People tend to assume that because it's open to the public, that it is OWNED by the public, and the public gets to choose what they have to pay for merchandise.. IT'S THE LAW! Sorry, we're not government employees, our paychecks aren't paid for with taxpayer dollars..

I had some guy bitching at me about the price of some doggy treats.. one particular brand/type had a .50 cent off coupon stuck to them and another kind didn't and was the same price even without the coupon, and he said something like, "That's price gouging is it not!!!" Price gouging? At K-Fart? K-Fart can choose to sell the doggy treats for $100 a bag if they want. I curtly replied, "I don't control the prices here." I probably shouldn't have said that, but he annoyed me! If you think K is "price gouging" write to corporate or something - leave me the fuck alone!
            Last edited by RammsteinGirl; 06-16-2007, 12:45 AM.
            My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I think people forget that large retail stores are still private companies that can throw you out of the store and charge whatever they please for their merchandise. People tend to assume that because it's open to the public, that it is OWNED by the public, and the public gets to choose what they have to pay for merchandise.. IT'S THE LAW! Sorry, we're not government employees, our paychecks aren't paid for with taxpayer dollars..

I had some guy bitching at me about the price of some doggy treats.. one particular brand/type had a .50 cent off coupon stuck to them and another kind didn't and was the same price even without the coupon, and he said something like, "That's price gouging is it not!!!" Price gouging? At K-Fart? K-Fart can choose to sell the doggy treats for $100 a bag if they want. I curtly replied, "I don't control the prices here." I probably shouldn't have said that, but he annoyed me! If you think K is "price gouging" write to corporate or something - leave me the fuck alone!
              Hahaha I'm so dying to make a thread rant about people who make excuses by saying "It's the Law" I've distinctly heard that from an SC once when the amount had to be refunded on a Credit Card and she was like, I need a receipt for the refund it's the Law, I love how you said "we're not government employees" because that is so not true and not everyone knows that. If you want to get the law involved then quit shopping here unless your looking for a lawsuit for easy money but life is frickin not like that! And I'm soory but what's "Price Gouging"?

Comment

The customer said it was the LAW
                I got so fed up with people saying "It's the Law" that I went out and bought hard copies of all relevant law for retail. Then if someone mouthed off about the law I would give them copies of the legislation and ask them to show me where it said whatever they thought it said.

I win!

Every time!
                "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
                "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

ha ha ha that rules! i bow down before you
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
                    I got so fed up with people saying "It's the Law" that I went out and bought hard copies of all relevant law for retail. Then if someone mouthed off about the law I would give them copies of the legislation and ask them to show me where it said whatever they thought it said.

I win!

Every time!
                    haha I think every store should so have one

Comment

"I don't control the prices here."
                      Heh, I say that ALL the time.
                      "Shoot, it better be good, the amount YOU charge for it"
                      "gah, I don't know how you get away with charging so much for this stuff"
                      "when are YOU going to put x,y or z on clearence?"

I hate people.

Where I work, when I do an override or manually enter a coupon, I'm required to get the customer to sign my coupon log with their name and their zip code. I always get that one customer who thinks I'm going to do nefarious things with their information. I tell them, "look, it's not about YOU, We're required to get do this so that they (the PTB), know that we're not doing anything underhanded. So they know we're not making up stuff for friends and family and cheating the store." Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but it works.

Another thing, regarding returns. When you do a cash return at our stores, you have to fill out a form thingy. Customers constantly fight me on that. I do NOT give them the money until it's filled out. They ask me why they need it, I tell them, the company requires it to make sure I'm not stealing. It seems to shut them up. I still make sure they fill out the receipt before they get their money (because they WILL walk away without filling it out).

Too all the sucky customers who bitch and moan when their item rings up for 10 cent more than the price they thought it was..I'd like to tell them... that should mean that when an item rings up for 10 cent LESS...we should override it to the higher price. Because, well, they should get it for the price the tag says, right?
                      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

How about those customers who like to take their stuff BEFORE paying for it? When i worked at home depot, these two jerks had bought some things. Right before I could have a chance to finish the transaction, the guy just leaves with all the material. I go out and tell him that he has to come back in cause the items were not paid for! He then goes off saying how somebody should fire my ass. I broke down after that cause I was so furious! It also doesn't help that they were both african americans and so was I. They could have pulled the race card which i am pretty CERTAIN was the problem.

Once I had a customer buy this tv stand and when I scanned it, it was like around $50 and I checked the UPC and it looked like it was over the real barcode. I take it off and scanned the REAL barcode and low and behold, it was like $300-500. I told her and she refused to buy it and left.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
                          I take it off and scanned the REAL barcode and low and behold, it was like $300-500. I told her and she refused to buy it and left.
                          ha ha, sucks to be her.
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

People who say "I can't believe you think I'm stealing!" are usually stealing.

Comment

Oh god, this reminds me of the card people in my store.

The grocery store I work for recently changed their credit card policy. We used to check ID when a credit card purchase was $300 or more, but it was recently changed to $150 or more after two stolen cards were used to purchase groceries at the store.

Most customers comply with the request, but there are those select few that drive me up the wall. The typical responses are:

"This is ridiculous."
                              "I've been shopping here for X years and I've never had to do this."
                              "Wow, I must look suspicious then, huh?"

and one special little snowflake used all three and included a nice "You should know who your trusted customers are." and then demanded to SEE the new policy in writing. Yes, we should remember every person who frequents our store, when hundreds of people shop there per day. Oh, and I do know most regulars, but in my ten months of working there, I have never seen you ONCE.

I mean, you would think that these people realize this is for a reason and not because we want to single people out. What pleasure do I get out of that? None, except for when you throw a tantrum like a child.

Comment

Working...
                              X